CE Debate #1 : Should Education Be Free For Everyone?

1. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    ---------LETS BEGIN---------------

2. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Go first.

3. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    good eve frnds

4. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    You only have 1 minute.

5. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    becacuse who can afford wats need 4 them

6. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Thanks. Sanyam - Go ahead.

7. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Good Evening Jury Members, and my dear friends.

8. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    According to me, Education should be Free, yes , I am in favour of providing free education.

9. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    It is one of the basic thing that our society requires, it's our right, RIGHT TO EDUCATION.

10. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    providing it free, will ensure equality

11. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    We must not forget that in this world, just by means of education, the rich get richer and poor face miserable conditions,

12. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Thank you, Sanyam. Ani725 - your turn.

13. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Good evening Sir, according to me education system should be made free for all those children who are not avble to afford education. as education nowadys is just becoming a source of money making today. the most talented child is not able to afford his education jus becoz the rising expense. if education is provided free to them, country's economy can be enhanced.

14. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    i m not sayn education should be free for all

15. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    but the children who are deserving should get it free

16. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    talent should not be measured with money

17. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Good, Thank You Ani725. AmitKumarVerma - you are next.

18. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Good Evening everbody!

19. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    First of all "What is Free Education?" Free education refers to education that is funded through taxation, or charitable organizations rather than tuition fees.

20. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    In my opinion Education should be provided free for all

21. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    I will start with the words of George Q. Cannon- Explained, in 1881, “Let us advance education by individual effort … and not bring a child into the world and instill into its mind that because he is born somebody owes him an education … that they ought to be educated at the expense of the State; and when they are educated they then are to be sustained at the expense of the state."

22. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    And there should be system to DONATE money to grow this system as we donate money in temples .

23. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Tip: Express your own thoughts, folks!

24. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Thank you, Amit. N.Gowtham Raj - tell us what you think.

25. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Good Evening friends...Well, I go in line with Sulochana but in a different perspective.

26. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Tip: Use default font!

27. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    As per the current scenario, one of the biggest hinderances for education beyond community, culture, family is MONEY.

28. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Thank you, N.GowthamRaj. Graphite, please go ahead!

29. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Good evening to everyone here! According to me education should be given for free only to those who cant afford the fees. Students who have the caliber but just can't get admitted in the institute. What I think is anything given for free is valued less.

30. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Those who are eager to get educated and if they are given education free they know its importance.

31. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Tip: (Do not speak up until your name is called)

32. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    I too agree with you sulochana.

33. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Thanks, Graphite. NII - please go ahead.

34. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    hello i am nidhi, good evening everyone. according to me education should not be free. while it is true that these days, the price of education seems awfully inflated, making education free is not an option. if education was not paid for, there would not be enough funds for the essential factors of quality education -good teachers, good facilities, up to date technology and textbooks.

35. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    orget that we are in recession

36. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    are struggling to stimulate denand in economies and pay their debts.

37. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    further free education may be abused by people who dont have the incentive to learn

38. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Thank you, Nii. SurEC93 - What do you think?

39. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Good evening, I would respond positively to this question

40. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Education.. the first thing that i can associate is ' the future of the society,

41. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Tip to everyone: Make a note of points others are making. You'll need them in some time.

42. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    the RTE act that came in April 2010 says that education is ' free and compulsory'

43. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    free education can help the intelligent, but poor fellows

44. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Ofcourse, we need to think over how to make this possible

45. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Thanks! Gurjap - it's your turn now. Tell us your views on the topic.

46. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    "I never let my schooling interfere with my Education" ~~ Mark Twain

47. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    So, the topic here is not schooling, it's Education.I think education is free for us all anyway. Think Internet! To cite, I wanted to learn Python 2.7, for which I got all the material I needed from the internet for free (not illegaly, I hasten to add), the tutorials, compilers and all.

48. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    It was real education, as in that I could pace my own learning, and decide which portions I needed to learn.

49. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Did I value it less, as graphite said, because it was free? Hell no! It's one of my most valued skills.

50. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    I must add here that I think the "Right to Internet" must be included as a basic right to all humans, and I think it should be made affordable to us all.

51. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    So I am in favor of free education.. via free internet!

52. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Thank you gurjap. Divya Nair - go ahead please.

53. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    I'm removing all the messages that are getting posted in between.

54. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    The floor will go open after Divya's expressed her views.

55. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    until we pay something the essence of those things are not understood.free education is taken for granted.education & training costs money.Iam against of providing free ducation to everyone but in favour of providing education to the needy.educating the populace brings more than just returns on investment.now a days students are in better track to self pay for any additional education .

56. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Note: Sulochana has been banned from this debate for ignoring the directions.

57. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    ------ The Floor Is Open For All The Participants Now! Fight! -------

58. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    @graphite- We had classes for that sort of thing at school, but I never learned a thing there and I barely used to avoid flunking them, because we didn't have a computer at that time

59. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    the point of ' not valuing what is free' doesnot apply to the ones who can't afford

60. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    As many of us says that free education should be given to whom who can not afford it. So my question is how we gonna decide that whether this candidate is needy or not??

61. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Education demands emotional investment and time, which are the real prices you pay, not money.

62. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    a free but less than satisfactory education will not be beneficial to students. it is better that education be paid for and be of good quality. if necessary, hard working students can get scholarships and significantly reduce the cost of their education. education takes, at the minimum and investment of time and effort. those are most valuable things, much more important than money.

63. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    eveery contestant has a same point on education should be free n that is what matters

64. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Pratim, you are not allowed. You arrived late, sorry.

65. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    education should be made free for all those who are nt able to afford

66. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    I'm trying to point out that we must make the means of attaining education free of the cost of money, because education itself cannot be free!

67. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    How we can decide that this person can not afford??

68. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    We must not forget that in this world, just by means of education, the rich get richer and poor face miserable conditions, moreover, It's the basic right of our constitution, RIGHT TO EDUCATION, and providing it free, would give a boost to not only poor and developing countries, but we can see, how many European Countries have developed, providing education free. Some students have the talent,

69. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    #-Link-Snipped-# you say you had classes for that sort in school but dont forget you must have paid school fees.

70. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Hint : Think of the positives and negatives of offering education 'free' for everyone.

71. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    but just because of not getting education because of lack of funds , they suffer, and most of them are involved in crime, as they see it as the only way to earn some money to survive.

72. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    yes it can be decided as the rural area children are very bright

73. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    what i believe is that the business giants should collaborate with the academic institutions & should provide economic help.

74. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    bt they end up doing some masonary work

75. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    I don't agree with N.Gowtham Raj, as he said, the world will be full of Scientists, doctors, etc. with no value to degree and no jobs, Well, I want to remind you my dear friend, that getting free education doesn't mean that everyone would opt for engineering or become doctors, there are several other streams, and it's their own choice , moreover, only the talented ones, would crack entrance and

76. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    jus becoz they dont have money

77. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    @A.V. Ramani - Apologies sir, but the conference is only for those who reported at 3:00 PM.

78. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    in realistic world our teachers are people just like the rest of us, teaching is their job and how canmust earn a salary. they make their living, so they

79. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    and get through them, not all, so, this ensure's equality. Here one more point comes to my mind which is of Reservation, it may sound off topic but it's not, actually this system was there to ensure equality, but this has lead to many problems, it's actually went wrong , as people of one family have gained reservation, but some are left in villages, who don't know their rights and starving,

80. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Actually, #-Link-Snipped-#, I did not forget that. And you are merely endorsing my point by pointing out that even though I paid for it, I did not get an education!

81. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    despite of the policies.

82. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    @Sanyam : Don't deviate from the topic.

83. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Well this is what i think...

84. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    and when we talk about equality, we cannot have a place where poor will study for free and the rich will pay. yes we can think over taking some kinds of tests to ensure whether the student should be offered free education or not

85. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    jus think about those rural area children who are nt able to afford education bt are willing to study higher

86. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    History shows that , Countries that have more literacy rate grow faster than the other. Once they reach the horizon & get stabilized, Employment rates come down. Again there will be a revolution burst because of poverty by the educated ones. Right form UNICEF everyone is striving towards the FREE Education for all movement. Because at present the required resources(in the form of docs, engrs, et

87. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    profitable business models for delivering education to financially weak should be provided w.

88. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    when the point of reservation comes then we have ebc class to chaek whether the child really needs free education or not.

89. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    #-Link-Snipped-#, we are talking about free education, but not stopping anyone's salary, it would be an equal opportunity by the Govt.

90. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    No off-topic comments, Gurjap.

91. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Yes! SurEC93 i m agrre with u

92. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    (in the form of docs, engrs, etc) are scarce for the economic growth that we are aiming for. But once we reach that, things will be different.

93. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    we really don't receive great benefit from putting a lot of people with no desire or intrest in college into what amounts to precollege curriculum

94. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Sorry, Kaustubh. @ everybody, you are all talking about free schooling. Is it the same as education?

95. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    there are many benefits for the country getting its citizen educated

96. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    1 Efficiencies in Human Capital are Realized

97. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    You're ready to interpret the topic in any way you like.

98. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    education is what schooling, college n wht else #-Link-Snipped-#

99. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    You are 'allowed'*

100. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    2 An Educated World is a Healthier, Safer World

101. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    #-Link-Snipped-#: but they are also related from this field.

102. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    3 The Advancement of Mankind

103. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Plus, I think the RTE is a huge mistake, as it merely subjects the schools to a license-quota raj, something that is odious and anti-freedom

104. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    4 Thinking will be Rational

105. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    the infrastructure costs money for providing quality education investments are needed which alone can't be funded by govt.

106. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    education is the right for each n every child in this country

107. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    the quality should not be altered, and that would happen if the government emphasizes on some smart plans. Ofcourse , i am sure we have a whole lot of people in our country who can prepare such plans

108. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Stick to the topic - you've limited time to make / counter points.

109. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Look at the current situation. Because education loan is to be compulsorily offered. There is a huge crowd going for engineering after +2. But i am the witness that more than 80% of them are either non-employed or under employed.

110. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Yes, they are related, #-Link-Snipped-#, and they would be given salary, actually education is made a business now a days, by many education centers.

111. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    No cross talks, please.

112. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    hroughout this century education education system has significantly changed and the majority of people believe that this change is for the better. A hundred years ago people were uneducated; while now our children want to improve their skills and get a good education. Some people think, that all kinds of education should be paid. However, from my point of view, there is still a great deal of free

113. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    #-Link-Snipped-#, if you read by comments above, I did say that I learned Python at the internet. Same goes for a lot of computer simulation and FEA work that I do. It was all, free of cost, per se.

114. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    so, it would be some scheme by govt. to provide free education and they would be given salary, it would also ensure equality

115. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    RTE is not a mistake. It is actually a step towards a glorious future

116. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    you are saying education is nt just schooling

117. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    is all about?

118. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    education & free scholarships should be provide only to the needy. because i was myself not provided loan even i secured good marks in 12th

119. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    *wht it

120. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    For many of us who says that education will have no value if it will be free. But many of us are totally dependent on the scholarships and they know its value as we know

121. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Gurjap rightly pointed out about INTERNET. But that is access to information not education. My point of view is that, anything learned without a Guru is not an education. Of course to be practical you need certificates to document that you know that phyton thing right?

122. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    education and schooling both are blended when we talk about over all development of a society

123. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    education implies course curriculum provided in schools, colleges

124. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    #-Link-Snipped-# makes a brilliant point. Even after taking our fees, our professional colleges haven't made us employable. Why not? Because, we, ourselves, are not interested, and expect the college to do our work for us.

125. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    DivyaNair its the matter of bank

126. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    and the thing is that RTE is not known to many people yet.

127. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    many reserved seats are still vacant in the schools.

128. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    and i also thinks it is a great loss to society when people with great minds don't get great educatin due to its cost. it comes down to trying to balance . so even when tution is charged, and it can be substantial, we have things like scholarships and financial aid to still make it possible for those who strive to have it but lack of somewhat in financial end of things at this time.

129. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    And I think, hierarchy(inerior & superior) should always be there to balance the world. If that hierarchy is not because of education i.e., any thing esle like, money or racism(like our history) thats the day Education got assasinated.

130. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    #-Link-Snipped-#.. I am saying much more than that, but that is one of my main contentions, yes.

131. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    It's about marketing stuff, even education centres have become money minded business institutes, and so does you require banks to provide you with loans

132. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    the rte is misused .

133. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    We've 15 minutes to go.

134. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    There are several reasons why education should be available to everyone. First of all, free access to primary schools and library sources is a right of any person in my country. This right should not depend on income level of a family. Our government should provide free education to all citizens, because it makes our society more cultural and tolerant. Moreover, educated people live in harmony wit

135. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    For most, the single greatest barrier to accessing higher education is cost. In the last decade, tuition has skyrocketed across the world.

136. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    *other nations

137. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Free educations, ensure equality in everyone, it would ensure right opportunities and the children who are really talented, would get the best.

138. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    @ Gurjap that digresses the topic to the quality of education. But as per the current status i would go with your point.

139. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    in todays world, education is becoming a source of income..n this is wht where focus should be given

140. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    yes amit. i think there should be norms to control such practices

141. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Any education should be provided for free because everyone should have a chance to get it, especially developing countries in which many families don't have enough money to send their child to school. And as the result we often face illiteracy.

142. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    @N. Gowtham Raj.. maybe I would have needed gurus or certificates before I came to know about KAGGLE. Do look it up sometime. I'll keep it brief so we don't deviate. Basically, corporations offer their coding projects on Kaggle and freelancers ger creds and $$ if they do them. So if I have good rep at kaggle, that would be good enough for a good software company.

143. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    i would not have a problem with free education for beyond that for those people who excel.

144. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    #-Link-Snipped-# There should be some kind of restriction. I would say money is fair to play that role against any other like Caste, Religion, Gender, Locality etc..

145. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    but as in our current scenario we see that any one can produce fake certificate to get scholarships provided by govt

146. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    yes sure there should be

147. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    ed earlier

148. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    i have mentioned earlier

149. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    free education should be provided only after knowing one's caliber.

150. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    #-Link-Snipped-# , yes that's what I mentioned, I completely agree, Education is just treated as a business now a days, whether we talk about tution centres, or some colleges, they just have a plan to extract more and more money, but this should not mean, that children who have lack of funds, should be devoided of Education

151. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Question to group before we head over to the last round: Do you think it's right to charge money to offer education? (Answer In 1 sentence, not more than 50 words)

152. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    @Gurjab. I agree....

153. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    So, I think education, after a fashion, really is free. If you want it and you have the appropriate tools, you can get it.

154. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    no, its not right to charge money to offer education especially to those who are nt able to hold the expense

155. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Go ahead, folks.

156. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Gujrap As per for our Primary Education concern. How can a small poor child supposed to access to PC and Internet?

157. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    No, it's not right to charge money, as some cannot affort it, who have the talent but lack of funds

158. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Therefore, in answer to #-Link-Snipped-#, not if you can demonstrably prove that it is, in fact, education that you are selling.

159. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Yes. Because, The central idea is that undertaking education is investment in the acquisition of skills and knowledge which will increase earnings, or provide long-term benefits such as an appreciation of literature

160. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    yes but except those who are not able to pay due to their tight financial condition and having talented minds.

161. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Ideally it is not right, but at a place like our country we cannot expect the system to do so at an early stage, it would be a gradual process

162. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Good points, folks. This is really interesting. We'll move over to the last round in the next 2 minutes.

163. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    i jus think about poor families and rural people whoo force their children in child labour

164. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    No we should not charge because education is not a privilege, rather it becomes necessity of a civilized society.

165. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    @ amit kumar verma, my point about PCs and internet was an example. People do the same kind of stuff with mechanical engineering by hunting up spare and used parts for pennies and putting them together.

166. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    I agree with SureEC93, but actually it can't be judged who cannot afford it, and people are fake.

167. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    #-Link-Snipped-# - your views please.

168. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Yes we should be charged for education but for the poor families and those who excel in caliber they shouldn't.

169. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Free education could improve the level of development of the society all in all, people would be busy with much more serious and global problems of nowadays than today, which could be easily solved in case the world would have more brilliant and educated minds.

170. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    of course education brings solutions to all problems

171. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Thanks. In the final round. I will ask each of the participants to express their concluding views.

172. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    yes @amit..you are absolutely right

173. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    --------Final Round Begins-------------

174. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    ok sir

175. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    some people don't have respect to free education so i think education should be charged.

176. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Free Education is a need, we can see how some European countries have developed through this,

177. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    ONE BY ONE, folks!

178. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Let me call names.

179. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    @Sanyam - concluding thoughts.

180. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Yes, free education should be provided, it ensures equality, and give chance to people to come forward and explore the world of knowledge.

181. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Ani725:

182. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    in conclusion i would jus like to say that education should be given free to the poor children and rural ones who have a strong will to study but are nt able to due to lack of money..they have bright minds and a desire to be somethn in lyf but their desires remain unfulfild. and if these children are provided proper education is no cost, they can even help to enhance country's economy

183. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Be quick

184. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    N.GowthamRaj:

185. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Well, We all go to schools & colleges to become engineers, doctors, etc. to serve back the society. And we dont do it for free because that is not the way the whole economic wheel works. I put forth a question, if education is provided free, ARE YOU READY to serve back free? I would say NO! !

186. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Technology yields profitable business models for delivering low cost and even free education to the general population. Coursera, Udacity, WEU, Khan Academy are shifting the conversation and disrupting the cherished belief that higher education is meant only for the rich.

187. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Graphite:

188. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    In our country a person is said to be literate if he/she has studied till standard 7th. So free education for all till standard 7th is ok but after that one has to be charged fees for it. Further if one aims to study has good caliber but financially not good then he/she should also be given free education.

189. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Nii :

190. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    in conclusion, a free but less satisfactory education will not be beneficial to students. it is better that education be paid for and be of good quality. and due to investment everyone should have it's worth and respect to it. and more interested to getting it. if necessary , hard working students can get scholarships and reduce the cost of their education.

191. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    SurEC93 :

192. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Gurjap :

193. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    there is no point in saying NO to free education, but yes there are a lot of issues to be handled when we walk towards that path. I believe, we, being a part of a country like ours, being called as the optimistic gang of youth, can definitely find a way out.

194. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Gurjap:

195. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Since you pay for real education by investing time and interest, the rest should be free. Of course, some exceptions can be made, say in learning The Way of The Samurai Sword 😀

196. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Divya Nair

197. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    Quick, please.

198. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    The debate ends in next 30 seconds.

199. #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#:
    The Debate's Officially Over. Thanks Everyone. Please head over to: CE Weened Debate #1 - Experience & Feedback

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Archive of the debate that happened online yesterday between 3-4 PM via CE Conference.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am delighted to read this! Kaustubh , great work!

I loved the rules and points you made.

Now regarding the debate it went really well. Donot use sms language or dont type as you are typing in chat, I know you will have limited time but the more constructed the sentence is the more good it is..

I would like to know from you guys what changes you expect?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm currently working on a PHP project to create a web based code editor. It includes many PHP files. I'm now planning to convert them into python code to make...
Hello everybody, I am a student and this is my first post... If you connect the signal leads to the two identical signals, having some phase difference then - you'll...
CE Weekend Debate #1 was our first attempt to conduct an online debate among CEans and the topic was "Should Education Be Free For Everyone?". The topic itself was open...
(from K.Baloo via email) Four surgeons are discussing who were the best patients to operate on.. The first surgeon says, 'I like to see Accountants on my operating table because...