CAT 2009 will be online!

The news if official now.

CAT 2009 will be a CBT than a PBT. IIMs have said that the decision has been taken to conduct the test online to handle the number of aspirants who take CAT every year.

The format of the GDs & PIs will be the same.

If you have more information about CAT 2009, please post it in this thread.

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Yep. It has been officially announced.

Just now saw it in Pagalguy..

Now, wat to say.. needless to say, this creates lot of apprehension in the minds of CAT aspirants.
    Well, for starters, one sure shot way of scoring in CAT is to take as much mock cats as you can. Now that CAT is gonna be computer based, how can we practice tests in a computer?? Well, one can argue that there's no difference between the two but still, us being the first batch puts us under more pressure.

As with any first times, there are bound to be confusion and problems, in some form or the other.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    well, it has it's share of advantages too. The IIM's have said that CBT if gonna be followed because it'll ease their processing load as more and more candidates take the exam.

For us, the candidates, we can get the results soon after completing the test. This is a good thing (At least for me..). And then, they say that the process of registration and hall ticket delivery will be made easier because of this online thing.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    yes , but need to note one thing .. If we get a idea in mind to solve the problem which is in first page when we are in last then we are gone .. we need to go back back back end less.

i hope there should be one optional way as well for the same.
    lets see..
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    People who are taking up cat will and should surely take up mock cat that my opinion.
    So i have the info of the TIME institute mock schedule.
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]1020 24-May
    1019 7-Jun
    1018 21-Jun
    AIM-MAT 28-Jun
    1017 5-Jul
    1016 19-Jul
    1015 26-Jul
    1014 2-Aug
    1013 9-Aug
    1012 16-Aug
    1011 23-Aug
    1010 30-Aug
    1010 6-Sep
    AIM-SNAP 13-Sep
    1008 20-Sep
    1007 27-Sep
    1006 4-Oct
    AIM-IIFT 10-Oct
    1005 11-Oct
    1004 18-Oct
    1003 25-Oct
    1002 1-Nov
    1001 8-Nov
    AIM-JMET 28-Nov
    AIM-SNAP 5-Dec
    AIM-XAT 19-Dec
    AIM-XAT 26-Dec
    AIM-FMS 2-Jan

This is the schedule so just check it
    [/FONT]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess it will be a good idea if CEans taking CAT start discussing mock tests, problems in this section 😀 What say?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Thats a fine idea , i guess there will more or less 3 groups ,

CAT takers from TIME , IMS and CL .
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    But what about the format of the test itself? Is it going to change or remain the same?? if it is the same, then there wont be a problem.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess it would be little complicated if users have to move back and forth in any section.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hey people there is a article in Times Of India in Education Times --> Infocus few points said by Arun Sharma on CAT going online.

I searched but couldnt find it online i read in news paper.

So please go through that article its nice.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, I am puzzled by this little detail. I know what is a structure, a union, their difference et all. And I also know that structures are very important,...
Hi friends Recently i bought Nokia 5800 express music edition Nokia gave some preloaded songs in the memory card which are with .dcf extension Doesn anyone have a software which...
well though this topic is not well related to Electronics but can we relate 4th dimension with electronics and if so then how ? As well uptil date even scientists...
how to find the mean,standard deviation and variance of an image?? i have tried the following code in MATLAB. can i get to know whether it's correct or not?? r_ch=file😀,:,1);...
can anyone share their ideas about some projects that can help solve some of our environmental issues which solutions can be formulated with the aid of concepts of electronics and...