CAT 2009 Preparation Strategy

CEans,

A big number of engineering students from India appear for the Common Admission Test conducted by Indian Institutes of Management every year. The exam is usually conducted in November.

I am guessing we've a good number of CAT aspirants on CE. Why not form a group and come up with a great strategy to crack the CAT? It'll be wonderful to see all our CEans being the batch mates at IIMs ๐Ÿ˜‰

So, share your strategy!

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    CEans,

A big number of engineering students from India appear for the Common Admission Test conducted by Indian Institutes of Management every year. The exam is usually conducted in November.

I am guessing we've a good number of CAT aspirants on CE. Why not form a group and come up with a great strategy to crack the CAT? It'll be wonderful to see all our CEans being the batch mates at IIMs ๐Ÿ˜‰

So, share your strategy!

Can we make three threads (DI, Quants and English) and assign a thread owner for the same ?

-Crazy
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    The three threads are already formed.
    Unfortunately, they are not active as it should be. That's the problem.

Look for the three threads in CE careers|Jobs|higher education section.
    All we need to do is to make them active.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    silverscorpion
    The three threads are already formed.
    Unfortunately, they are not active as it should be. That's the problem.

Look for the three threads in CE careers|Jobs|higher education section.
    All we need to do is to make them active.

I couldn't find three different threads for three major subjects (CAT 2009). I could find only one thread for Quant.

Am I missing something?

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Woops, totally missed those threads. I guess strategy can be discussed separately. How are the test takers planning to divide the time? Which subjects are on top priority? How many mock tests etc.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    For me, right now, Verbal is in top priority. Because, that seems to be more difficult than the other two, for me.
    Anyhow, I've not yet started serious preparation.

As for mock tests, I'm yet to join a mock test program. probably will join this month. Mostly in TIME. They generally give 15 mock tests, I think. Or is it 5? I'm not sure.

But that's enough, they say..
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    And Crazyboy,
    Look carefully. I think you stopped with the first page alone.
    The threads are so dead that they weren't in the first page of the section. But still, there are three threads with only one or two posts made. Quants is an exception.

We've to do something about it.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I hadn't cracked the CAT exam. But I did very well in CET. So I guess my small advice might make a sense here.

Make it a habit to solve as many papers as you can. There is no better strategy but to familiarize yourself with the exam environment and questions.

For English Comprehension- Keep reading English novels, especially non-fiction work. Try to complete it in record time and write book summaries. Check your written summaries with those available online to make sure you have understood the book well.

For Vocab- Use of flash cards is very helpful.

Maths and DI/DS can only be mastered with lot of practice. Keep solving puzzles.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    absolutely right mayur.

My .02 $ on this:
    1. Daily read editorial of english newpapers (specially The Hindu, I have seen passages directly from Hindu editorial). Make a note of words you do not know.
    2. Write brief summry of the editorial you read.
    3. Try to complete english passages in record time with good comprehension

For DI and Math, tables upto 30 and normal calculation must be on tips.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    ah! good that we discuss in the three threads separately there?

Anyways only practice does the things in all the three fields and giving priority lies in the individual skills in those subjects.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear All Please, I need to simulate the Coriolis Effect on a rigid body loaded by a mechanical force in the x-direction and rotated about the z-axis. My simulation using...
Hey palssssssss........๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‰ !! Can anyone of u tell me how to right a pgm to get result lyk our Windows startmenu - explore button does. ??
Im gonna completing mah Btech computerscience.... No jobsss ........๐Ÿ˜”....we r so lucky๐Ÿ˜ ....recession came !!๐Ÿ˜”.............. Not attended for any entrance examssss......lyk GATE / CAT / MAT.... planning to do MTech......any...
Hi all the crezy engineers I want to start new discuision about bike Anyone give information that hoe to interface nitro with bike???
hi i am six face .๐Ÿ˜Ž please give me a idea about mini project using DSP.