How to interfce nitro with bike & car?

Hi all the crezy engineers
I want to start new discuision about bike
Anyone give information that hoe to interface nitro with bike???

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Nitro injection kits can be purchased off the shelf for most models with easy install.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    gohm=>
    Nitro injection kits can be purchased off the shelf for most models with easy install.
    thanks for replying
    But can you give more information about that kits, Their working, construction. The populer company which provide them & actual process that how to conect it with bike
    {{In short about all about nitro kits}}
  • gohm
    gohm
    There are a lot of brands so I won't try to list. I'll stat with a little 101 on the 3 systems: dry, wet & direct.

There are three points. First, nitrous oxide is comprised of 2 parts nitrogen and one part oxygen (36% oxygen by weight). When the nitrous oxide is heated to approximately 572F (on compression stroke), it breaks down and releases its load of extra oxygen, However, it is not this oxygen alone which creates additional power, but the ability of this oxygen to burn more fuel. By burning more fuel, higher cylinder pressures are created and this is where most of the additional power is realized. Secondly, as pressurized nitrous oxide is injected into the intake manifold, it changes from a liquid to a gas (boils). This boiling affect reduces the temperature of the nitrous to minus 127 Degrees F. This "cooling affect" in turn significantly reduces intake charge temperatures by approximately 60-75 Degrees F. This also helps create additional power. A general rule of thumb: For every 10 Degrees F. reduction in intake charge temperature, a 1% increase in power will be realized. Example: A 350 HP engine with an intake temperature drop of 70 Degrees F, would gain approximately 25 HP on the cooling affect alone. The third point, the nitrogen that was also released during the compression stroke performs an important role. Nitrogen acts to "buff or damper" the increased cylinder pressures leading to a controlled combustion process and better slower heat release
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Gohm, you got a nitro kit in your miata?
  • gohm
    gohm
    No, however I am familiar with the bike nitro kits. That's a wild ride! =) I'd rather use turbo or a supercharger on a car. Nitro boosters have a very limited usage application and aren't nearly as cool as in movies.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Might be useful for a quick getaway, lol.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Are you planning something?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    *evil grin*

Hopefully the car import taxes will decrease when I start working at the end of this year. Need to get myself some new sets of wheels!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    You drive a car? That is not cool, dude. You should drive 2 wheelers or a Jeep or 4 wheelers like Ariel Atom(cause they are a bit like Motorcycles).
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    You think driving a jeep is cool? lol!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Not in City but when you are talking about Off roads like on Desert. It should be modified a bit. And it looks better if it is an Army Jeep.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hm.. I'd go 4x4 off roading only for the camping adventure. I'd prefer to do rally for the thrills!
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    gohm=>
    There are a lot of brands so I won't try to list. I'll stat with a little 101 on the 3 systems: dry, wet & direct.

There are three points. First, nitrous oxide is comprised of 2 parts nitrogen and one part oxygen (36% oxygen by weight). When the nitrous oxide is heated to approximately 572F (on compression stroke), it breaks down and releases its load of extra oxygen, However, it is not this oxygen alone which creates additional power, but the ability of this oxygen to burn more fuel. By burning more fuel, higher cylinder pressures are created and this is where most of the additional power is realized. Secondly, as pressurized nitrous oxide is injected into the intake manifold, it changes from a liquid to a gas (boils). This boiling affect reduces the temperature of the nitrous to minus 127 Degrees F. This "cooling affect" in turn significantly reduces intake charge temperatures by approximately 60-75 Degrees F. This also helps create additional power. A general rule of thumb: For every 10 Degrees F. reduction in intake charge temperature, a 1% increase in power will be realized. Example: A 350 HP engine with an intake temperature drop of 70 Degrees F, would gain approximately 25 HP on the cooling affect alone. The third point, the nitrogen that was also released during the compression stroke performs an important role. Nitrogen acts to "buff or damper" the increased cylinder pressures leading to a controlled combustion process and better slower heat release
    Can I interface them with bike?
    plz explian in brief I heard it firsrt time.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Both Superchargers and Turbochargers are used to provide Forced Induction i.e forcing additional air-fuel mixture into cylinders. An engine with forced induction produces 35%-60% more power.

They differ in construction and operation. One basic difference is how they are driven.

Supercharger is mechanically driven by a belt or chain from the engine crankshaft. Automotive manufacturers usually use two types of SC:- Roots type and Scroll or Spiral type.

Turbocharger is a centrifugal air pump driven by the engine exhaust gas.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    Thanks for this information
    can i use it in bike??
  • gohm
    gohm
    There are turbos on bikes, mostly adaptions of small car ones. They are used primarily for motorcycle drag racing. A lot of trial and error and knowledge is required (plus cash)
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    thanks gohm
    how can i recharge my nitro cyllender ?
  • gohm
    gohm
    you can either have it done by the shop that sold it to you, race shops & sometimes gas supply companies. (gas as the form of matter, not gasoline)
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    thanks gohm
    What is your advaice I will buy it or not?
    As I am student is it costly to me?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Only you can decide that. You will have to research the cost for your location. In all honesty, unless you are drag racing it is not practical. It would be even more impractical in India where you do not have the roads or speed limits needed. It will also depend on your bike. Being in India I would assume a small displacement bike with only one or two cylinders that is stock. Without extensive upgrades, it would possibly create too much power for your bike to handle which could result in transmission damage, throwing a rod or blowing the piston through the cylinder head. All of those would destroy your bike and possibly the rider(since you are sitting right on top of the engine).
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    How wrong you are about India, Gohm.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Well, all I know is from where I have been in India. 😉 Either too much traffic for high speeds or the roads are not conducive to faster speed limits. Never saw any freeways that enabled 70 mph legal speed limits. Nor have I seen any 600-1,000+ cc multi-cylinder bikes (other than celebs or in movies). Mostly to my guess due to the two previously mentioned reasons. I'd be very interested to hear all about it.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Well the new freeways that have been developed Delhi-Jaipur, Delhi-Punjab...then there is the Expressway in Noida in the outskirts of Delhi....the vehicles go at speeds around 120 to 160 kmph on an average(convert it into mph yourself please).
    As far as high capacity bikes are concerned, the Indian government had restrictions that prevented motorcycles with cubic capacity more than 700 from running on the streets. But that has been lifted now and motorcycles upto the capacity of 3000cc are now street legal.
    Yamaha and Suzuki were the first to grab this opportunity and get their super bikes in India. Now Ducati, Honda etc have also joined in.

How this change happened is a different story. During the reign of George Bush as President, our then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh paid a visit to the States. Now due to some law the import of Indian Mangoes was restricted in US, and due to India's Motorcyle Law, Harley Davidson could not enter the growing Indian market. So it was a case of, you pat my back and I will pat yours.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Cool, those are some nice recent changes. When I was in Delhi a few years back I certainly would never be able to get out of 1st gear on my bikes here and the bikes there were well suited to the conditions and big fun. I'm sure you would agree those are exceptions rather than the rule as the saying goes.

If the OP will be spending much time commuting on these and his bike is compatable for nitro injection (please remind us what you have? Is it stock, etc) and he has the funds to add the system then the choice is his. I would again caution that as a racer nitro is best served on a drag strip.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    To gohm & raj87verma88==>>

so it not for 1 cylinder engine?
    & Gohm you can not drive fast in city like delhi. If you have to drive fast you have to get out from city And you can drive on highway I give adivce drive at afternoon of after 11 p.m
    I can drive on highway with 100 to110 kmph( take avrage 95kmph)
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    @GG: I know people who can drive at 80+ Kmph in the city. So I won't buy your claim that you can not drive fast in Delhi. Remember, Delhi has the widest roads in India and with the number of new flyovers, you kind off skip 70% of the traffic lights and the number of crossings have reduced.
  • gohm
    gohm
    gg,

No a thumper would require a lot of modification to handle nitro. So would any smaller displacement bike under say 500cc. These bikes are already high strung and operate close to design limits. This would include things like clutch, rods, rings, pistons, valves...
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    thanks CE
  • Rifaa
    Rifaa
    Anyways.. what I think of Nitro in a bike is that most of the time you'll jettison to the moon..
    kekekeke!!~
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    Rifaa==>>
    Anyways.. what I think of Nitro in a bike is that most of the time you'll jettison to the moon..
    kekekeke!!~
    What you want to say?
  • Rifaa
    Rifaa
    What I was referring was, like nitro in a bike is not safe.
    Most of the time you'll be like out of control. Na?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Not if it is used correctly with someone skilled in nitro boosted bikes. The difficulty is once you press that button you are committed.
  • Rifaa
    Rifaa
    [​IMG]

May be you can use this to test drive nitro charged bike 😁
  • 4d1
    4d1
    Nitrous oxide systems make additional horsepower by allowing an engine to burn more fuel than it could normally do.
    Burning more fuel creates higher cylinder pressures that will push down on the pistons with greater force.
    This gives much more power!

*the engine must be capable of handling high cylinder pressures

i would recommend not to think below 2000cc engines for installing nitro kit .
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    4d1
    i would recommend not to think below 2000cc engines for installing nitro kit .
    I disagree with this statement. I have seen 1300cc engine cars handeling a nitri kit quite comfortabely.
  • 4d1
    4d1
    raj87verma88
    I disagree with this statement. I have seen 1300cc engine cars handeling a nitri kit quite comfortabely.
    which cars are you talking about?

Since nitrous is inflammable and inert in the fuel, the way it works is by crowding the compression so
    the engine acts like its compression has been raised.
    This will cause more stress on the whole engine no matter what size it is. You can try it and feel a boost.
    This will be fun until the engine gets tired and takes a restful vacation,engine would be beefed up.

Ignore all this if you enjoy changing head gaskets.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Although low cc and single cylinder bikes do not make good candidates for nos, 600+cc multi cylinder engines can work just fine. If done correctly, causing minimal accelerated wear. Also, don't forget about the cooling aspect of nos on the intake air.
  • 4d1
    4d1
    ways to get more power from the engine::.

Turbo: One of the most exciting and complicated ways to get additional power. The turbo whine and the BOV whistle is to die for.Based on the boost, power increase may vary from 30bhp to twice the stock power . Costs generally lie between 1.5L to 5L depending on requirement and engine specification.

NOS: One of the easier ways to achieve larger gains in BHP. Can be put to almost any car. Easy to install, provided you know the jet sizes and the maximum allowable shot on your engine. Its easy to overcook it and blow your engine otherwise. Engine internals will take a beating. Also, best bang for the buck going by the cost per bhp to rupee ratio. Though care has to be taken that the bottle temperatures are maintained.

Engine Swaps: A trend that goes back a number of years. Started off popularly with the swapping of esteem engines into zens. Now you can have e-zens, b-zens, zondas, OHC with B16s, Lancers with Mivec et all. But what about other cars which do not have an option for further engine upgrade? If you get a good engine, get it installed from a reputed tuner who knows how to fabricate custom mounts and to troubleshoot any kind of problems that may occur.

High Compression NA build: Involves bumping up of compression to get the additional power. Basically all the mods that can pull out every ounce of juice from your engine without going Forced Induction. Includes shaving of head, use of high compression pistons, cams and lots more. This will require the engine to run on a higher octane fuel.

All of the above mentioned will give you significant margins of BHP gains.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Also don't forget about superchargers. Equal to turbos with pros/cons between both depending on usage(tight technical racing blowers have the edge, street or open road course turbos work well). Blowers are always operating and with no lag, turbos kick in at a rpm threshold only. Blow off valves are only noisy because they are modified to vent to atmosphere instead of the airbox, this is only to create noise and produces no performance benefit.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    very nice discussion!!
    Now move further
    What r the minimum requirement to add nito/nos for an engine???
  • puneeti
    puneeti
    well...the info bout nitro cylinders was wonderful.
  • pavanchirmade
    pavanchirmade
    gg_gaurav
    very nice discussion!!
    Now move further
    What r the minimum requirement to add nito/nos for an engine???
    Tell us what bike/car you plan to use for the experiment. If you are from India. there's a guy from India who claimed to have successfully installed NOS on his HH Karizma 225 but there was no proof. Also if you search #-Link-Snipped-#, you can find a Supercharged Fiero built by Sameer Venugopalan from Bangalore,India.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi i am six face .😎 please give me a idea about mini project using DSP.
Guys. I have been looking on a lot of engineering books and i couldn't find what is the formula to calculate the stress and the bending moment onto the scaffolding....
We've already seen a fair bit of evidence suggesting that humans can quickly form bonds with robots, and it looks like ITP's Kacie Kinzer has now thrown some additional, adorable...
As Apple's App Store continues its countdown to 1 billion apps downloaded, Compete has released the results of a rather humorous study of iPhone users. Apparently, for all the bells...
I don't understand where I am making an error. But it's giving me an error.