Can we use "Smartstay " smart phone feature in automobile safety enhancement?

Can we use "Smartstay " smart phone feature in automobile safety enhancement?
This question striked me when I was surfing the features of the samsung s3 phone in which the technology keeps track of the eye movement and act accordingly.We all know that driving a car or a Heavy vehicle that too in night time pose heavy danger for passengers and driver where some drivers tend to make accidents because of their sleepness. Many accidents happen at night times due to bad night vision and sleepy drivers. So how can we use this feature in automobiles? Here is a proposal by me where the same sensor which keeps tracks of the phone user is used here and the sensor should be mounted aptly so that good and accurate results are git.The sensor will track the eye movement and if it detects the drivers eye to be closed more than 3 seconds , It will automatically alert the driver and passengers through a alarm and lights representing the danger wil glow to alert.Is this system applicable.Please say if there is any alternatives that can be used.

Replies

• Rama Krishna Gadde
    Rama Krishna Gadde
    Good idea SarathKumar Chandrasekaran, but how can a sensor know whether an eye is closed or opened?...My alternative idea is that we can design alarm using 555timer so that it will make sound for every 5 or 10 seconds depends on design. Whenever driver feels uneasy(sleepy) in the journey, he/she will swich ON the alarm.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Raaki Gadde
    Good idea SarathKumar Chandrasekaran, but how can a sensor know whether an eye is closed or opened?...My alternative idea is that we can design alarm using 555timer so that it will make sound for every 5 or 10 seconds depends on design. Whenever driver feels uneasy(sleepy) in the journey, he/she will switch ON the alarm.
    Its a nice alternative but the driver would get irritated if a alarm beeps an annoying sound every 5 to 10 seconds and I don't think any driver will switch ON the alarm(555timer) as Sleep cannot be controlled by human beings and people tend to avoid this type of alarms.I hope you would come with another alternative .Thanks for the reply.
  • Blv NAGABABU
    Blv NAGABABU
    brother same idea I got 3 months ago now then I have an idea I.e., we place a 2 sensors on steering which each sensor operate our 2 eyes and we place led boards behind number plate at frnt and back of car.we give programme to sensors relate to time.if driver slept more than the time we gave to the sensors then the sensor sends signal to led boards so thet the other vehicle driver suggest us to side our car at road side and take some rest so thet we can avoid accidents at night time and volvo company has introduced automatic braking system which helps along with our idea.u can check the volvo truck automatic braking system in fb page below is the link
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Blv NAGABABU
    Blv NAGABABU
    Bro u find the vedio in the middle of the page which I kept with title NICE IDEA
    Blvn Lakshman
    Bro u find the vedio in the middle of the page which I kept with title NICE IDEA
    Thank you for replying with a relative link.I haven't checked the video as i am using via phone.
    Your idea is nice but keep in mind that there would not be enough time to warn the driver by others .The driver should be warned as quick as possible.A seat vibrator can be used as a alert .
  • Blv NAGABABU
    Blv NAGABABU
    vibrating driver via seat causes him sudden brake then the others following his vehicle crashes so we vibrate the seats of passengers so that they alert the drive BLVN
    Blvn Lakshman
    vibrating driver via seat causes him sudden brake then the others following his vehicle crashes so we vibrate the seats of passengers so that they alert the drive BLVN
    I don't think vibrator would make driver to panic and put a sudden brake and i like the idea of vibrating passengers seat.
  • Blv NAGABABU
    Blv NAGABABU
    I met a plc programmer and said this idea to him then he questined me if driver have spectacles then how the sensor detect u r eyes,and the driver cannot sit constant in his seat I mean he will agitate from his seat so if driver aside more then the short time we gave to the sensor then the seats will vibrate repeatedly.Then I have no answer to say.But after cmng to home I got an idea that we attach sensors at corners of the car so that when driver agitate the
  • Blv NAGABABU
    Blv NAGABABU
    the sensors will operate oue eye here weoperate sensors like a spot light so thst when our eyes moves the sensors also spot our eye is this idea good or any other suggestion
    Blvn Lakshman
    the sensors will operate oue eye here we operate sensors like a spot light so thst when our eyes moves the sensors also spot our eye is this idea good or any other suggestion
    Your idea looks good but I don't think mounting an sensor on the side would be an apt idea.Yes sensors which can follow the eye movement is tricky but we can use and automated rotatable stand that bears the sensors.The stand should rotate as the drivers head moves.How is this?
    Pour your suggestions on this if you have any other alternative.
  • Blv NAGABABU
    Blv NAGABABU
    but rotatable stand requires some space (we can also kept It on dashboard also).if any joint of stand becomes loose then it wont sense our eyes.i dont have any idea. plc programmer asked me if driver has spectacles,or if driver wear helmet then how the sensor detect u r eyes. is there any answer for this
    Blvn Lakshman
    but rotatable stand requires some space (we can also kept It on dashboard also).if any joint of stand becomes loose then it wont sense our eyes.i dont have any idea. plc programmer asked me if driver has spectacles,or if driver wear helmet then how the sensor detect u r eyes. is there any answer for this
    I don't think normal people wear helmets.only race drivers use it but i am accepting the fact and would consider every possible solution .I don't think it occupies more space .
  • Blv NAGABABU
    Blv NAGABABU
    if driver has spectacles then how the sensor detect u r eyes

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How to make my own stylus for capacitive touch screen ? I am using Samsung galaxy young and i love drawing.So i had tried many apps for drawing but i...
As i was asked to write a program to generate all possible anagram for a given word , the logic that has struck my mind at first was using nested...
please can any one tell the design process of Audio amplifier ..any data or pdf regarding to it i am unable to get audio and video systems book by r...
After much thought and comparison between point and shoot cameras and DSLRs, and thanks to the suggestions put forth by CEans on a previous thread, I've decided to invest on...
"Couldn't update to Windows 8.1 - 0xC1900101 - 0x40017"