Can we create missile destroyer??

hi friends
i am new to this forum. i m doing mechanical engineering in mumbai.
i heard about a weapon whose function is to destroy missiles in air.
can it be possible?
its real function is as follows:
when some missile is targeted and launch then the laser of that weapon detects its speed,angle,and location where it going to hit and then send some high frequency photons which are directed to fuel tank which creates lots of heat energy at fuel tank of missile and destroy it in air.
can it be possible?
if yes then can it be converted in college project?
and more important how to create high frequency photons?
looking forward some good replies
take care😕

Replies

• einstein89
    einstein89
    can u tell me wht r photons?
    i hope u know tht
    😒
    k
    photons r nothing but packets of light , inshort its light itself
    i can transmit light from source to an object but how can it heat the object
    high frequency of light doesnt makes it heated
    light can be treated as wave , in such case its frequency counts , but its heat is not tht high tht it will reach some where and heat it to such extent tht the thing evaporates
    wht abt radiation loss? till light reaches tht hell missile , do u think it will retain the heat
    instead of using this photon for fu***** a missile , why should i get up and heat or cook food , get some rice grains and some water in a dish , start ur imagination , thing heats up and i have a plate of rice!
    dude , do u think missile is made of paper ?
    missile also has a combustion chamber where heat is near about 2000 degree celcius , dont u think tht will F*** the missile ,
    but missile is made so
    no effect of heat!
    think different
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    einstein89
    can u tell me wht r photons?
    i hope u know tht
    😒
    k
    photons r nothing but packets of light , inshort its light itself
    i can transmit light from source to an object but how can it heat the object
    high frequency of light doesnt makes it heated
    light can be treated as wave , in such case its frequency counts , but its heat is not tht high tht it will reach some where and heat it to such extent tht the thing evaporates
    wht abt radiation loss? till light reaches tht hell missile , do u think it will retain the heat
    instead of using this photon for fu***** a missile , why should i get up and heat or cook food , get some rice grains and some water in a dish , start ur imagination , thing heats up and i have a plate of rice!
    dude , do u think missile is made of paper ?
    missile also has a combustion chamber where heat is near about 2000 degree celcius , dont u think tht will F*** the missile ,
    but missile is made so
    no effect of heat!
    think different
    TIP: Don't use explicite words.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    #-Link-Snipped-#

please avoid foul language.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    there is one simple way: a heat sinking missile can be built, in order to destroy another one which has already been launched and is on its way to cause destruction,

but the latter have to be designed in such a way that they can travel faster and catch the other missile, before it is too late, else it will end up in double damage.
  • mechky
    mechky
    Laser technology is being used by US Defence forces for destroying missiles in air. Its details are however confidential.

Also this is not safe for college project, even though you would be developing a small scale prototype. Laser is not something to play with.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi..., I am second year Information Technology (engineering) student. Could anyone suggest me the latest hot topics for the seminar related to latest computer technology.Please suggest the list within 2...
A friend recently gave me a cupro-nickel heat exchanger. This is a classic single pass shell-and-tube HEX, with 74 approximately 0.25 inch diameter tubes inside a 3.5 inch diameter shell....
Hi....everybody i m very glad that i have joined CE..... now i will have good time to share our knowledge ,its looking very good site........
hi guys, I'm making a robot and i want it to be controlled by the computer. But the robot should be capable of travelling a long distance,(probably some ten to...
CEans, How about having a CE Contest with participants from all over the world? Exciting, right? Yes, there will be prize(s) 😁 . I have couple of ideas about the...