Can any one generate Matlab code for Video Content Analysis.

Hi CEian`s i am doing my Master`s degree project on video content analysis. The main objective of my project is to detect and extract Overlay text in video which should be done in real time. Some suggested me to use matlab. But i am not familiar with it. I want some one to help me in implementing it in matlab. I tried the below problem to Implement but failed, i didn`t get the required output.

As a rule of thumb, if the background of overlay text is dark, then the overlay text tends to be bright. On the contrary, the overlay text tends to be dark if the background of overlay text is bright. Therefore, there exists a transient color between overlay text and its adjacent background.

Using the above idea i want transition map to be generated which contains only transient colors pixel.

Code is needed based on this requirement.
Since the change of intensity at the boundary of overlay text may be small in the low contrast image, to effectively determine whether a pixel is within a transition region, the modified saturation is first introduced as a weight value based on the fact that overlay text is in the form of overlay graphics. The modified saturation is defined as follows:

S(x, y) =1-(3/(R+G+B)[min(R,G,B)]) ---------------> 1
~S(x, y) = S(x, y)/max(S(x, y))
Max(S(x, y)) =2*(0.5-I(x, y)), if ~I(x, y)>0.5 ---------> 2
Max(S(x, y)) =I(x, y)), Otherwise. -------------------> 2

S(x, y) and Max(S(x, y)) denote the saturation value and the maximum saturation value at the corresponding intensity level, respectively ~I(x, y). Denotes the intensity at the (x, y), which is normalized to [0,1] . Based on the conical HSI color model, the maximum value of saturation is normalized in accordance with ~I(x, y) compared to 0.5 in (2). The transition can thus be defined by combination of the change of intensity and the modified saturation as follows:

DL(x, y) = (1+dSL(x, y)) * |I(x-1, y) - I(x, y)|
DH(x, y) = (1+dSH(x, y)) * |I(x, y) - I(x+1, y)|
Where dSL(x, y) = |~S(x-1, y)-~S(x, y)| and
dSH(x, y)= |~S(x, y)-~S(x+1,y)| ------------> 3

Since the weight dSH(x, y)) and dSL(x, y)) can be zero by the achromatic overlay text and background, we add 1 to the weight in (3). If a pixel satisfies the logarithmical change constraint given in (4), three consecutive pixels centered by the current pixel are detected as the transition pixels and the transition map is generated

T(x, y) = 1, if DH > DL+TH
T(x, y) = 0, Otherwise. -------> 4

The thresholding value TH is empirically set to 80 in consideration of the logarithmical change.

Is there any one to help me in implementing the above situation in Matlab.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anyone explain what is work of jumper in hard-disk?
As a continuation of my previous post about Wireless Mesh Network topologies Applications: HOME network: Consider a home with a wireless router, what if there are black points where you...
hi ceans, I want to know about waht we actually mean when we say that this processor is dual core or quad core & this processor has 2 or 4...
I read this somewhere - A mobile phone’s SMS capacity is only 140 bytes (8 bits constitute a byte). For sending an SMS in English we need just 7 bits...
... and i am loving it!(OK I am late saying this..) I joined CE when I was looking for some help on my OFDM project. I was talking to my...