Can AC machine replace DC machines?

During training in BHEL somehow I know that recently Indian railway is replacing DC traction motors by induction motors but I failed to know how the speed control is done in AC motors …. As far as I know that speed control is best and cost efficient in DC motors if there is any cheaper method for frequency variation available for AC other than electronic circuit……

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today, as we celebrate Onam all over the world, I take this moment to wish all CEans a very Happy and Prosperous Onam. ​For those who don't know about this...
Who is the present INDIAN RAILWAY MINISTER? I searched over net but it is showing different ministers.
Hello everyone... I want to change my display name. Can i change it? if yes then how can i ? Do reply please.... 😀 thanks
hi i am a student of 7th semester of telecom i want to do a project which is based on nanotech but unfortunately i cannot get any guidance about where...
Thinking of buying a new pair of headphones? Bose, Sennheiser or Beats by DRE aren't cool anymore. What's cool is using your friend's fingers as headphones and the new technology...