BSNL EVDO Windows Vista Speed Issue - Fixed

CEans,

Those who are getting pathetic download speeds with their 2.4 MBPS ZTE Device, follow these instructions:

1. Click on Start -> In the search box, type “command prompt”
  2. On the command prompt listing, right click and select “Run As Administrator”
  3. Click on ‘Continue’ on the hideous UAC popup.
  4. On the command prompt, type: netsh interface tcp show global
  5. See the status of Receive Window Auto-Tuning. It would be something like “highlyrestricted“.
  6. To change it, type: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
  7. Verify the status again by executing the command in step #4 above.
  8. It should be ‘disabled’.
  9. Done.

Restart your computer and give your connection another try.

Important: Make sure you have the latest dialer downloaded from the ZTE official site: #-Link-Snipped-#

Getting a new dialer did the magic for me. The one that ships with BSNL EVDO Device box is outdated.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Is the above tweaking for changing the TCP window resizing?
    A little more info on what's happening wont hurt I guess 😁. TCP has this property where if in case a congestion is observed , TCP automatically comes to a conclusion that there is a network fault and reduces the window size to half and again increases the size depending on the various QoS parameters. This is true even in case when there is no real network congestion , but just a little delay. The above tweak seems to actually turn this property off TCP to change window size every time a network congestion is noticed. In that case, this tweaking is safe I think.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Good tip, I hear this will speed up Vista speed issues in general.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

When I run the command prompt in Administrator mode, and execute netsh interface tcp show global, it shows me various settings. I couldn't find much information about what exactly does...
How do you arrange/prepare the slides of a technical presentation to connect with the audience and not put them to sleep?😀 Please tell me about your seminar/ ppt experiences...however it...
i want to know about microcontroller based Automatic powerfactor controller(195)...
CEans, Many organizations pay their employees to refer candidates. If you are aware of any job openings in your company, then it won't hurt to post them here. If CEans...
Keep watch on following page for latest openings at Mahindra Satyam: Mahindra Satyam Please send in your resume to careers2010@mahindrasatyam.com by mentioning the Stream in the subject line.