netsh interface tcp show global - Command Help

When I run the command prompt in Administrator mode, and execute netsh interface tcp show global, it shows me various settings.

I couldn't find much information about what exactly does the listed parameters do in Vista Operating System [Not sure whether its there in XP].

Anyone's got clue what are those settings for?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Looks like its for configuring interfaces< I cant talk about tcp command as it did not run on my office machine> but the look of it- should mainly be used for viewing and configuring the network interfaces

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Vijaya Durga>netsh
    netsh>interface
    netsh interface>show

The following commands are available:

Commands inherited from the netsh context:
    show alias - Lists all defined aliases.
    show helper - Lists all the top-level helpers.
    show mode - Shows the current mode.

Commands in this context:
    show credentials - Shows the credentials used to connect an interface.
    show interface - Displays interfaces.
    netsh interface>show interface

Admin State State Type Interface Name
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Enabled Dedicated Local Area Connection
    Enabled Dedicated
    Enabled Internal Internal
    Enabled Loopback Loopback

netsh interface>

I know This is not of much help , anyone who could use the tcp command or for that matter - can you put up the window results for easier analysis?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How do you arrange/prepare the slides of a technical presentation to connect with the audience and not put them to sleep?😀 Please tell me about your seminar/ ppt experiences...however it...
i want to know about microcontroller based Automatic powerfactor controller(195)...
CEans, Many organizations pay their employees to refer candidates. If you are aware of any job openings in your company, then it won't hurt to post them here. If CEans...
Keep watch on following page for latest openings at Mahindra Satyam: Mahindra Satyam Please send in your resume to careers2010@mahindrasatyam.com by mentioning the Stream in the subject line.
Just did a search on Infosys Career Page and found out that they need Tech Analysts and Tech Leads for their offices at TRIVANDRUM ,PUNE ,MYSORE ,MANGALORE ,HYDERABAD CHENNAI ,BHUBANESWAR...