What makes a paper presentation perfect?

How do you arrange/prepare the slides of a technical presentation to connect with the audience and not put them to sleep?😀
Please tell me about your seminar/ ppt experiences...however it turned out, whatever it is

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, presentation is a skill. You'll have to know your audience before you prepare for the presentation. I've following tips for you -

1. Do not flood your slides with text. Use images and simple graphs.
    2. Use a big font!
    3. Do not extend the presentation beyond 20 minutes (unless its really needed!)
    4. More number of slides => boring. I'd rather have 10 slides to aide my 20 minutes talk.
    5. Choose the slide background & font color intelligently & wisely.
    6. Talk sense 😀.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any queries.
  • Vega
    Vega
    7. Involve the audience with interactive approach and use humour whereever applicable.
    8. Keep the language as simple as possible. Audience is not interested in your jargons (difficuilt words). If at all you have to use some, make sure you provide their explanation.
    9. Use smart examples of day to day life to mark your point. Keep a crispy tone.
    10. Try to avoid a) just before the lunch time and b) just after lunch presentations.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vega
    10. Try to avoid a) just before the lunch time and b) just after lunch presentations.
    +1 on point #10. 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to know about microcontroller based Automatic powerfactor controller(195)...
CEans, Many organizations pay their employees to refer candidates. If you are aware of any job openings in your company, then it won't hurt to post them here. If CEans...
Keep watch on following page for latest openings at Mahindra Satyam: Mahindra Satyam Please send in your resume to careers2010@mahindrasatyam.com by mentioning the Stream in the subject line.
Just did a search on Infosys Career Page and found out that they need Tech Analysts and Tech Leads for their offices at TRIVANDRUM ,PUNE ,MYSORE ,MANGALORE ,HYDERABAD CHENNAI ,BHUBANESWAR...
Source: Official Gmail Blog: Detecting suspicious account activity Now, if it looks like something unusual is going on with your account, we'll alert you by posting a warning message saying,...