big endian little endian

how can we know that my system is big endian or little endian???

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Well todays most PCs uses little endian machine.
    There is some codes in asm which can help you to know the endianness of machines.
    I don't think a system information type software tell you the endianness of a machine.But i am not 100 percent.
    One more thing....If the endian nature of the machines are different then you need a software(cramfs is the one in ubuntu 10.04LTS) which swap your bytes of information in order to understand bytes of information in right sequence order.
    So by this theory you can say the endianness of a machine if you have two machine have different endinness and you know the endinness of one machine.
    If any one here which know about this type of softwares.Please share with us...!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Puppy Tweets™ is an exciting new product for dog owners that lets your dog use Twitter! Here’s how it works. The Puppy Tweets™ tag is attached to your dog’s collar....
With the newly introduced refined user titles and ranks, I am sure all the beginners as well as oldies will want to get the higher ranks. But shouldn't we be...
Hi guys, I am a computer engg student, so I have very little knowledge about this field. Few days before my nokia headset wh-102 hs-125 mic stop working. Now button...
Speaking correct Japanese at a Restaurant is of utmost importance. (Because if do mistakes, we won't have any idea as to what lands in our plate :hehehe😀 So here are...
Hi Can somebody please help out with the purpose of gelcoat and/or is there another substitute for it?