Bhutan Earthquake

CEans,

Any news about the latest Bhutan Quake? I hope all our CEans from Bhutan are safe and helping others.

If you have more information, please post here.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    As reported by BBC:

The 6.1 magnitude quake damaged monasteries and caused homes to collapse in the mountain kingdom

The tremors also caused panic in the city of Guwahati, the capital of India's north-eastern state of Assam.

The epicentre was just inside Bhutan's border with India, 180km (115 miles) east of the capital Thimphu, the US Geological Survey said.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    The tremors were felt as far as Kumaon Hills (located in northern India, in the state of Uttarakhand)

Hope everyone from Bhutan is safe!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, IIIT Allahabad has organized annual techfest between 1[sup]st[/sup] - 5[sup]th[/sup] October 2009. Official Website: Effervescence MM9 Are there any CEans participating?
i am a mechanical engineering second year student i want a advanced project work for give a paper presentation
sir, currently i am in my b.tech 2nd year. what is the ideal time to start GRE preparation? and from where to start ? i am willing to go for...
is there an overdamped unstable system?Or are all ovedamped system BIBO stable?😕
hai guys. In this thread, we are going to discuss about the perfect definitions for the technical terms. I hope this is very helpful for all of us. Different persons...