GRE preparation questions

sir, currently i am in my b.tech 2nd year. what is the ideal time to start GRE preparation? and from where to start ? i am willing to go for higher education in engine research.
@zeba
are you shooting at gre 2010 or what??
as far as projects are concerned,2nd year is the time for projects and paper presentations, plan for a good project in the coming tech fests!

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Hi Anu,

GRE scores are valid for a period of 24 months. It would be better of you give your exam in your 6 0r 7 0r 8 semsiter. That would give you soem time to do your preparations for GRE .Meanwhile you can try scoring good grades at your present UNI which would be an added advantage for you to get into a good UNI to pursure your MS+research .
  • nick27
    nick27
    hey..you can start your gre prep in 3 rd year ....gre scores are valid for 5 years.
    check: ets.org for exam details.

Now you can do some research work...and paper presentation at some conferences.

if you want admissions in good schools like UC, MiT,Stanford...then apart from GRE>1400 ,you need to have some research work done..like papers presentaions at ieee conferences ,which happen at all big colleges like iit ,nits .
    And yes you can start preparing word meanings for gre using Barrons book from now...
    and do the final preparation in in 5 or 6th sem....
    also you need to have good academics like above 70 min , for good colleges.

All this can help you getting scholarships and fee rebates..which help greatly

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is there an overdamped unstable system?Or are all ovedamped system BIBO stable?😕
hai guys. In this thread, we are going to discuss about the perfect definitions for the technical terms. I hope this is very helpful for all of us. Different persons...
do you have an idea about how SCADA and DCS System works ?
respected sir, i m a student of a 4th year electronics and communication engineering branch. I need the details like circuit diagram , list of components, and other details of...
😡😡😡😡😡😡