Bharti Airtel To Be The First Telecom Operator To Launch 4G In India

It's official, folks. 4G is finally coming to India. Airtel's CEO Mr. Sanjay Kapoor today confirmed the news that the telecom operator is all set to become India's first private network operator to launch 4G LTE services in Kolkata. 4G technology allows speeds up to 100 Mbps on the move to about 1 Gbps at fixed location. Read our detailed VoiCE Coverage: #-Link-Snipped-#

Do you think Airtel's doing it right? How many subscribers are having problems with the 3G connections?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I am using airtel for long time and I am quite satisfied with the internet speed. On 3g I am getting 4+ mbps on my data card and on 2G network i was able receive around 200kbps.On mobile too I felt the the best service comparing to Aircel and vodafone.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've never had that success with Airtel, Idea or Tata Docomo. It's always a pain to get the network range and even if it's there; the networks keep on switching to EDGE & GPRS. I found Idea 3G to be a better service than the rest but now it seems that it's more about location than the service provider. What I'm happy is that no matter how the service is, the arrival of 4G services will make 3G services more affordable. Expect 3G prices to come down in the coming weeks 😀
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I agree drop will be surely in 3G prices after coming 4g.
    And it will push the market of mobile devices like tablet in India.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Look at the product Pivothead It featurs 8mp sensor which is capable of shooting HD video 1080p@30 frames per second / 720p@60fps / 720p@30fps and just 75grams. you can also...
I have often wondered about how Government functions. One one hand, it gives out Liquor permits while on the other, it tries to close all liquor shops. While Government bans...
Greetings..! My name is Diksha and I am an Industrial Engineer.. I want to pursue my masters in Automobile Engineering.. I am not clear on few things stated below: 1....
The Fraunhofer Institute for Chemical Technology ICT has developed a new polyurethane based sandwich material that seems to answer all tests for structural strength and flame resistance. This can lead...
A generation of experienced engineers are approaching retirement in the UK without suitable people to replace them. I feel that the situation is not far better in India and probably...