Best government college with less fees

Cheap Govt. colleges, a dream for many intelligent survivors, have limited but available seats. Lot of us when going through choosing-a-college phase meet a ludicrous truth. Special education is never cost friendly. And by special I mean, specialization in a specific domain. If you are an engineering aspirant you might not be out of luck but for medicos, the scene is more difficult.

But are we that unlucky? Not really. However, due to huge demand for good but cheap colleges, the competition is tight. From knowledge and internet studies, what I have found is given below. This according to me meets the criteria of good but cheap colleges.

1. Jadavpur University - I have placed this in number one for two reasons. First, the annual fee is same for everyone ( at least for people coming from different geographical locations ) and two, this tops in Times Higher Education ranking: JU retains top slot | Kolkata News - Times of India Ranking in terms of state-funded universities in India ( 2017-2018 ). Plus it offers you a great opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research and makes you a part of a unique student body, famous for good but sometimes politically inclined reasons. The annual fee of JU is as low as Rs. 2400. This University is situated in the heart of South Calcutta, Jadavpur. The biggest difficulty in getting into the university engineering programs is its limited seats.

2. Jamia Millia Islamia University - Situated in New Delhi, this university is undoubtedly one of the best to go for. With a lot of eminent names in the faculty list, the university gives you the best in the class curriculum. But like many other institutions, it is not free from moral corruption. However, with the negligible annual fee of Rs. 2200 and a decent infrastructure and library facilities, this does make it an extremely attractive choice for prospective engineering students.

3. Lalbhai Dalpatbhai College of Engineering - Go to Gujrat and attend this college that offers engineering courses with annual fee lesser than Rs. 1500. Not so easy. If you are not from Gujrat you probably won't be able to attend this institution. I am saying probably because I learned the information from a Quora user and not their official website. However, if you are from Gujrat, you should know that this is an opportunity you can not miss. Plus if you are assigned as a woman, you might make it there with the annual fee as low as NIL or Rs. 0. Near to IIM Ahmedabad and ISRO Ahmadebad center, the institution is a great den for future engineers.

4. University Visvesvaraya College Of Engineering (UVCE) - An institute recommended by my friend should be on this list because it also meets the criteria. It's a 101-year-old university with a fully well-defined curriculum and modern laboratory equipment. Plus, this is an institute which is highly active in research and also earned great respect from the academic community. According to my buddy, this has engineering courses to offer at a nominal fee of Rs. 5000. Reputed as one of the top colleges in Bangalore, Karnataka and also in India, you can definitely try your luck in it.

Do you have any more information to provide, specifically on the ones I already mentioned? Or do you have more names to add to this list? Please do so in the comments section below. Also, do not forget to add your own experience on finding the cheapest engineering school.

Replies

• Abunaseer
    Abunaseer
    Debasmita Banerjee
    Cheap Govt. colleges, a dream for many intelligent survivors, have limited but available seats. Lot of us when going through choosing-a-college phase meet a ludicrous truth. Special education is never cost friendly. And by special I mean, specialization in a specific domain. If you are an engineering aspirant you might not be out of luck but for medicos, the scene is more difficult.

But are we that unlucky? Not really. However, due to huge demand for good but cheap colleges, the competition is tight. From knowledge and internet studies, what I have found is given below. This according to me meets the criteria of good but cheap colleges.

1. Jadavpur University - I have placed this in number one for two reasons. First, the annual fee is same for everyone ( at least for people coming from different geographical locations ) and two, this tops in Times Higher Education ranking: JU retains top slot | Kolkata News - Times of India Ranking in terms of state-funded universities in India ( 2017-2018 ). Plus it offers you a great opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research and makes you a part of a unique student body, famous for good but sometimes politically inclined reasons. The annual fee of JU is as low as Rs. 2400. This University is situated in the heart of South Calcutta, Jadavpur. The biggest difficulty in getting into the university engineering programs is its limited seats.

2. Jamia Millia Islamia University - Situated in New Delhi, this university is undoubtedly one of the best to go for. With a lot of eminent names in the faculty list, the university gives you the best in the class curriculum. But like many other institutions, it is not free from moral corruption. However, with the negligible annual fee of Rs. 2200 and a decent infrastructure and library facilities, this does make it an extremely attractive choice for prospective engineering students.

3. Lalbhai Dalpatbhai College of Engineering - Go to Gujrat and attend this college that offers engineering courses with annual fee lesser than Rs. 1500. Not so easy. If you are not from Gujrat you probably won't be able to attend this institution. I am saying probably because I learned the information from a Quora user and not their official website. However, if you are from Gujrat, you should know that this is an opportunity you can not miss. Plus if you are assigned as a woman, you might make it there with the annual fee as low as NIL or Rs. 0. Near to IIM Ahmedabad and ISRO Ahmadebad center, the institution is a great den for future engineers.

4. University Visvesvaraya College Of Engineering (UVCE) - An institute recommended by my friend should be on this list because it also meets the criteria. It's a 101-year-old university with a fully well-defined curriculum and modern laboratory equipment. Plus, this is an institute which is highly active in research and also earned great respect from the academic community. According to my buddy, this has engineering courses to offer at a nominal fee of Rs. 5000. Reputed as one of the top colleges in Bangalore, Karnataka and also in India, you can definitely try your luck in it.

Do you have any more information to provide, specifically on the ones I already mentioned? Or do you have more names to add to this list? Please do so in the comments section below. Also, do not forget to add your own experience on finding the cheapest engineering school.
    University Visvesvaraya College Of Engineering (UVCE) it is not easy to get the admission in the college

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Engineers to mimic the human spine in construction of resilient bridge pier
Join this webinar to learn how to build patient-specific models in Simpleware for the interdisciplinary area of medical science, simulation and product development. Register here: https://bit.ly/2nak3gO
Denial of Service​ Denial of Service or Dos attack is a type of attack where the resources are consumed in a wrongful way so that the resources are not available...
Digital Gannet is a one stop solution for Digital Marketing Services, Digital Advertisement Services, Website and App Development, Creative Ad Making and Photography Service, Advanced Digital Marketing and Advertisement Training.
The top scorers of the Word Play Quiz to be declared here. Congratulations to everyone who appeared in the top 10! 😀