Best book to study Basics of Mechanical Engineering

Help me out to study .... Which is the Best book to study Basics of Mechanical Engineering

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    No one, you will need to study from different books. there are a lot of thermodynamics. The books differ in different approaches taken. Some focus on problems, some on theory etc. You will have to choose the one which you feel easy.

For thermodynamics I have P.K.Nag, Domkundwar. For heat transfer I refer Cengel. For theory of machines I have Shigley.
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    there are lots of books according to your requirement....if you want to clear the exams then go for RK JAIN objective book and for basic concepts regular course books are useful and also on CE maximum of your doubts will be cleared...ishu's threads are good for brushing your basic concepts
  • Abhishek Upmanyu
    Abhishek Upmanyu
    for the work shop purpose WORK SHOP TECHONOLOGY VOL 1 AND 2 BY S.L AND A.K .HAJRA CHAUDHARY
  • Animesh Satle
    Animesh Satle
    dr.kirpal singh vol 1&2 and sir gillespie

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there any other way to get into IISC Bangalore for PG In Mechanical Engineering other than GATE????
Hello everyone, i have a 312MHz square wave oscillator and want to generate a 312MHz sinewave with it.i am stuck at this point and dont know how to proceed.i googled...
How are you? I am Elizabeth Ruda a newbie to this community. I am here to introduce myself to all of you. I am very excited to take part of...
I am Jijeesh a new face in this forum . About me : Much more interested in Electronics and now working as a H/W Eng. Plz include me too ...
Note: Before you build the actual helicopter you will need to build a simple bending jig (a board with some nails pounded into it) to twist the tongue depressors. What...