Ban of Zero percent EMI by RBI is beneficiary for customers

Today, The Reserve bank of India has put an end to 'Zero percent interest scheme' which are offered by banks for their customers who are purchasing goods through their credit cards. This action of reserve bank of India can make decline in sales of high priced mobile phones in India. Certain mobile companies offer 'zero percent EMI (equated monthly installment)' for certain credit cards.

On the other hand, this action of reserve bank of India will stabilize of economy. This will create uniform processing charge and interest rate.

In customer point of view, Is this ban is beneficiary?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    It will be a great dissappointment to customers but they have to bear with it for goodness of RBI.As said by you the sales of various products may experience a light setback.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    why??? 😕
    This was the one the motivation to buy goods without any extra penny.
    Can anyone explain the logic of stabilize of economy ?
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    It will be a great dissappointment to customers but they have to bear with it for goodness of RBI.As said by you the sales of various products may experience a light setback.
    I feel that the reserve bank of India is trying to reduce the import of goods, their by making the stable economy. RBI wants the customer to reduce the stacking of debts.
    ianoop
    why??? 😕
    This was the one the motivation to buy goods without any extra penny.
    Can anyone explain the logic of stabilize of economy ?
    Economic stability of a nation, can be said as there will be only minor fluctuation in the growth of the nation.

@#-Link-Snipped-#, I am not sure whether I took your question correctly.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    My question is if they will ban 0% EMI how it will help to economy.
    Consumers have to pay more or seller might sell their product including EMI (If no EMI then you have to pay less).
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    ianoop
    My question is if they will ban 0% EMI how it will help to economy.
    Consumers have to pay more or seller might sell their product including EMI (If no EMI then you have to pay less).
    The point is 0% EMI is misleading - banks recover the cost from the merchant by having customer pay MRP (which is higher than a bargain price). The idea is to promote transparency.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Anand Tamariya
    The point is 0% EMI is misleading - banks recover the cost from the merchant by having customer pay MRP (which is higher than a bargain price). The idea is to promote transparency.
    I agree with you.
    I would also like to add the fact that the companies put additional processing charges while giving things on EMIs. This processing charge adds up to the interest that would have been asked from the buyer. For understanding this process, I would like the readers to read an article on Financial Express #-Link-Snipped-# that gives a detailed explanation on the process and how the ban on Zero percent EMI will help the common man.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Are banks too restrictive in giving educational loans? Yes many of my friends had said that both government banks and private banks are not ready to trust students and give...
VideoLAN, the awesome company that makes the most popular media player in the world, VLC, has pushed a major update for Windows, OSX, uBuntu, Android, iOS and other operating systems....
Steve Ballmer moved to tears while addressing a gathering of about 1000+ Microsoft employees; which was his last address as the CEO of Microsoft. He played Michael Jackson's 'Wanna be...
If you aren't feeling lucky, we'd like you to check this cool easter egg Google's rolled out to celebrate their 15th birthday. Search 'Google in 1998' on Google search and...
Quote Engineers from the Vienna University of Technology have developed a device that lets users walk freely through virtual worlds whilst remaining in one place in the real world. Endquote...