CrazyEngineers
  • VideoLAN, the awesome company that makes the most popular media player in the world, VLC, has pushed a major update for Windows, OSX, uBuntu, Android, iOS and other operating systems. The update is officially called 'Rincewind' and brings several new features to the player. VLC now has a new audio core that brings both better performance and audio fidelity along with full support for surround sound outputs. There are new effects and support for new metadata formats for audio.

largeVLC

VLC 2.1 also ports the OpenGL output to OpenGL ES. It makes porting from iOS to android much easier than before. The biggest update - VLC is now ready for your 4K videos to be played on your 4K monitors. The app improves MKV compatibility offering better performance and subtitle metadata support.

OSX users will be happy to see the UI advances. The playback menu can now be customised. The VLC 2.1 allows videos to be played as desktop background.

Download the latest version of VLC from source link.

Source: VLC: Official site - Free multimedia solutions for all OS! - VideoLAN
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberSep 26, 2013

Why the audio quality degrades if i increase the volume of it over 100? Does the new updated vlc have a better solution to it?
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorSep 26, 2013

The output would ultimately depend on the speaker quality as well. You'll have to explain what exactly you notice once you boost volume past 100.
    Cancel
  • Anoop Kumar

MemberSep 27, 2013

Gonna update VLC today 😁

SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Why the audio quality degrades if i increase the volume of it over 100? Does the new updated vlc have a better solution to it?
    Over 100% volume is just increase in total decibel output, and quality should be decreased.

If you want to test your speaker and headphone just search in YouTube Zariya-Coke Studio by A.R. Rehmaan. This is awesome song with so many variations. Test this song with good headphone you can able to find if your speaker is lagging.
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberSep 28, 2013

It is 'Rincewind' ,isn't it ?

Screenshot from 2013-09-29 03:11:23

Finally, Nvidia users got VDPAU Hardware decoding feature !
    Cancel
  • Anoop Kumar

MemberSep 28, 2013

I like that they have added subtitle menu option in bar.
    [​IMG]
    Image Courtesy: <a href="https://www.videolan.org/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">VLC: Official site - Free multimedia solutions for all OS! - VideoLAN</a>
    👍

I am looking for floating VLC skin for desktop. not border or menu, just video like YouTube floating in android.
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberSep 28, 2013

@#-Link-Snipped-# Whoa! You're using KDE !!

I am waiting for opus to become as famous as m4a & mp3. So, I can play opus extension files (Higher bitrate & Less space consuming : Perfect combination can be obtained from opus only)

Waiting for x265 to develop asap!
    Cancel
  • Anoop Kumar

MemberSep 28, 2013

No, I am not using KDE, that image is from VLC official site.
    Cancel
  • Satya Swaroop Dash

MemberSep 29, 2013

Downloaded the new version and here is a few things I noticed on first look. The VLC logo in the middle of the screen now fades out and in when the video starts and ends respectively. The Volume slider does not stay at the middle its now.
    But they still haven't addressed my biggest concern, support for external codecs. While other players like K-Lite Codec player and KM Player give you options to add additional codecs VLC is yet to implement this feature.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register