Autonomous Desert Rover

Project Abstract / Summary : We propose to build a rover vehicle which can autonomously traverse the sandy plains of desert regions and also survey the landscape for the presence of underground fresh water sources. It also avoids obstacles in its path and covers the given area efficiently and autonomously. The project will be done in Arduino platform.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Though locating water sources is quintessential for human survival, the desert environment is harsh for humans to do it themselves. The challenge of automating this process was interesting. It was complex enough to provide great learning experience and important enough to give a sense of satisfaction of having contributed something to the human community.

Project Category : Robotics / RC / Automation
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Easwari Engineering College
City: Chennai
State: Tamil Nadu
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Water treatment plants play a very important role in the sustainment of community health. Applying standard computer vision based solutions has a positive impact on...
Everytime I push or commit change in github, I have to manually add github username and password. I did configured first time github credentials but I guess I am doing...
Lobbying is in simple terms the art of influencing an entity to turn it into your favour. This entiny may refer to corporates, governments, politicians or policies of a country....
Project Abstract / Summary : We are introducing a new aluminum-based hydrogen generation system that uses aluminum, water and sodium hydroxide solution as its fuel. This reaction produces hydrogen at...
Project Abstract / Summary : In ordinary solar panels, the intensity of sunlight falling on the surface of panel is varying throughout the day and is not up to the...