View Feed
group-icon
Startups & Business
Global Startup Community: Entrepreneurship is hard - Let's help each other succeed in business.
536 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Anoop Mathew
Anoop Mathew • Feb 13, 2015

Should Business Lobbying be legalized to reduce black money?

Lobbying is in simple terms the art of influencing an entity to turn it into your favour. This entiny may refer to corporates, governments, politicians or policies of a country.

For a detailed idea read this: Lobbying

Now my question is "Will legalising of Business Lobbying help to reduce corruption in a country and hence the black money?"

Open discussion. I will add my points later.
Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare • Feb 13, 2015
I did write an article about this topic in a local newspaper back in January. Since many people believed that if Modi comes to power, we will see trucks filled with black money loaded on Indian shores (super rajnikanth style), many people look disappointed when nothing seemed to happen in first few months. And I thought that's why such articles were appearing in the newspapers.

So if I understand lobbying correctly - it's the practice where businessmen fund political parties to convert their black money into white money, and upon getting elected, these politicians return the favour in the form of policies for the businessman.

Just one question, Does legalizing lobbying imply that the already super powerful businessmen become more & more powerful to run the nation with the policies that suit their needs?
Anoop Mathew
Anoop Mathew • Feb 14, 2015
Ankita Katdare
Just one question, Does legalizing lobbying imply that the already super powerful businessmen become more & more powerful to run the nation with the policies that suit their needs?
Yes you could say that. But atleast things would have an account in India rather than turning into black money elsewhere
Anoop Mathew
Anoop Mathew • Feb 14, 2015
Anoop Mathew
Yes you could say that. But atleast things would have an account in India rather than turning into black money elsewhere
Also implying that fewer corruption possibilities occur. Now lobbying does take place indirectly under alias names (eg: FICCI, CII, etc)
Ankita Katdare
Ankita Katdare • Feb 27, 2015
Would love to hear more thoughts on this. Anyone?

Share this content on your social channels -