CrazyEngineers
  • arnab321
    arnab321

MemberAug 23, 2008

audio transformers

im trying to do this project 9 Ways to Transmit Audio With a Laser Pen - wikiHow

but im unsure of the transformer to use. i went to the store n asked 4 "an audio output transformer". the dealer said "what transformer?". n he gave me a 6-0-6 volt transformer, said that he does not have other transformers.

well, i used my multimeter to test the resistance.
    in that transformer, on the side where 2 wires r coming, its 1.7kohm

on the other side where 3 wires r coming, if i connect the 2 outside yellow wires to the multimeter, it shows 14 ohm.

if i connect the middle green wire to either of the yellow wires, the resistance is 7.4 ohm.

now, how do i use this transformer in the project at 9 Ways to Transmit Audio With a Laser Pen - wikiHow ?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • shadeslayer

MemberAug 23, 2008

before asking for any transformer you shoul know basically which transformer you need??

so first try to find out the characteristics of your needed transformer and then try to find it in the market because the people who are selling it dont know what it is used for they just know characteristics not application,

and yeh if u stay in mumbai (India) then i can tell you where you can get the transformer you want
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register