Assume still we are under the control of British

Hi my fellow CEANS,

I am creating this thread to know your valuable comments on this.
"Everyone knows that our country got an independence from British on August 15th 1947"
Assume still we are under the control of British (not as slaves), there is no freedom fighters are exist including Mahatma Gandhiji to shout for independence to our country.

How the political parties behaves?
How the court deal with different cases?
How about our lifestyle?
How about our work culture?
What are the changes we will get?
What are the benefits & de-benefits?

My personal Opinion & Answers are below:
  1. We will get a good transportation system through out our country.
  2. Our peoples in slum can also speak in English.
  3. Education pattern will change.
  4. We cant find any political Black sheeps or cats those hide our currency in their wallets.
PS: Presently I am in india, but I always work for Britsh & American projects. Especially i have learned British, Euro and American standards rather than Indian standards.

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    If British would have controlled India, we would have been in a piss poor condition as of now. Also there won't be any political party since it wouldn't be a democracy of the level it is now. So the rest of the questions don't stand to be answered. Britishers are colonialists and they are monarchial in colonies. It is a grab-everything-you-can kind of rule. So don't expect any good roads or education or anything out of it.
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - Appreciate your answers.
    I mentioned in the thread that we are not treated like a slaves but under the control of British.
    I think the political parties are exist from 1885 (correct me if i am wrong), where the INC starts our indian leaders are taken part in it.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I dont think we would be so free as now but i accept that there would be less corruption and we would see less poverty.
    Education would have been good .Politicians would have rolled their tail under their butt and kept quiet .Good transportation is a question because they implemented it to scratch our resources and take it to their wealth.
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Good transportation is a question because they implemented it to scratch our resources and take it to their wealth.
    I think you didn't got any chance to see british roads in india. I have seen that in my hometown. My Grandpa showned me. It was made up of by concrete, It can with stand more than 40 winters.
    Our existing roads are not withstand for 6 months😀.
    What do you think about the upgradation of Railways in India?? Still we are using the older tracks.
    little convinced but what about our resources being stolen? Will they use it for our welfare ?
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    little convinced but what about our resources being stolen? Will they use it for our welfare ?
    The same thing also happening now. My thinking is, as atleast they did something to india for their purposes.
    +100 for it because there would be a public interest along with self interest.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Why are you assuming that it would be in public interest. Britishers were not like that. "not as slaves" doesn't justify since you are assuming, "What if jackals were vegetarians. How would jungle be." So hypothesis are discussed only in situation where there are two sides to the thing. Here there is no thing itself
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    Nayan Goenka
    Why are you assuming that it would be in public interest. Britishers were not like that. "not as slaves" doesn't justify since you are assuming, "What if jackals were vegetarians. How would jungle be." So hypothesis are discussed only in situation where there are two sides to the thing. Here there is no thing itself
    My points are simple, For example:- British built indian railways around 66000km length. Still we are using the same with slight changes Metre gauge to Broad gauge.
    Nowadays you want to built such things with the approval of indian govt is a tedious task. If you submit your project at the age of 25. It will get signed at your age at 35.
    The funny thing is, if the ruling party signed your Projects, In the next election they may fall down. The winning party will get stay order from the court to hold your project by submitting some silly reasons. Since your project will took 1 year to complete means you have to wait for 15 years to complete.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    KSS manian
    example:- British built indian railways around 66000km length. Still we are using the same with slight changes Metre gauge to Broad gauge.
    Why they build it?
    To consume resources for their own sake. Not in public interest. I agree that we are using bridges, railroads and even Rashtrapti Bhavan was build for Voiceroy.
    That doen't mean they ware good.
    If India is not doing well, people are to blamed more than government. We are the one who don't force govt. to to good.

I am from Uttar Pradesh and I know this is shittiest state in country but upto what extent I blame govt. I know people including me are not taking sufficient action to force government to do their job.

I mentioned in the thread that we are not treated like a slaves but under the control of British.
    That's an strange point.
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    Anoop Kumar
    I know people including me are not taking sufficient action to force government to do their job.
    You are right. "TOO MANY COOK SPOIL THE DISH". If it is controled by an iron hand. we can't open our mouth.
    My inception of creating this thread to know your thoughts. Share your views if they are ruling here.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    KSS manian
    Share your views if they are ruling here.
    Do you like to be a circus lion/lion of zoo (with adequate food) or a African safari (may be less food but on your own)
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    If Britishers were ruling us, the problems would be we would have sold the indianism( I think still it exists to some extent) like talking in our language, our culture and our roots.

But on the flip side, I would say the low level corruption will no longer exist, people get food , water and all basic necessities for sure. We dont see beggars and we will have very high quality transportation.
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    KSS manian
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - Appreciate your answers.
    I think the political parties are exist from 1885 (correct me if i am wrong), where the INC starts our indian leaders are taken part in it.
    Political parties like INC did exist for Indians but by a british ,Allen hume,So think they did contribute for our independence...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Aren't we still ruled by British ideologies?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Anoop Kumar
    Do you like to be a circus lion/lion of zoo (with adequate food) or a African safari (may be less food but on your own)
    Everyone wants to be a African Safari, but if you are lion and has to get what you want, and if you see minnows getting a larger share because of non-sense and politics, then where does the morale go?

I guess its better to be in a circus where there is justice. Rather being in jungle where people with useless power are encouraged.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Aren't we still ruled by British ideologies?
    We are still ruled by them, but the sorry state is Britishers are better than these people. Britishers treated Indians like slaves they said it and they did it. They took all the wealth and built roads and rails and buildings for their own purpose. But it is used by all the so called slaves.

But now, the people who are ruling us they say that we are equal but they treat like slaves, they take all the wealth which is readily available but they do nothing for the people.

I think Britishers are far more clear in how they treat and how they think than the current ones.
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    Hinduism would have been uprooted to some extent if other damages are to be ignored .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Speaking of Hinduism - it's more of a 'lifestyle' than 'religion (set of rules)'. All the religions existed peacefully until a couple of people from the west land derived the meaning to divide people with an aim to rule. It was a long term game for them. Read the British parliament documents or listen to Rajiv Dixit's videos on YouTube.

@#-Link-Snipped-# - I don't think things would have been better if Brits ruled us. The blame for current situation (political,economical and social) should go to the party that ruled India for decades. Politics was never a bad word, you see.

The Brits would have done the same. We wouldn't have had this 'Globalisation' thing. They'd definitely have run more schools here (convents) to produce larger amount of clerks with tags like 'engineers, chartered accountants, doctors, and so on' - and would have been a world superpower by making Indians work for the world.

Sadly, that's exactly what's happening already. It's just that we're run by multiple countries through their multi-national corporations.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    STOP. Cut all the thinking.

Listen.

Why take the British into all this?

What has happened to us Indians ourselves? We're so deprived by the 'Caste System' that so called higher cast people do not treat the lower cast people with respect. Why pick the dust on another man's eye when you yourself are blinded in dust!!! You don't have to blame any religion for this. All religions speak right as Kaustubh said. It's us who have to change.

Now, to discuss about Monarchy versus Democracy.

Yes, if you remember once upon a time, India was not 'India' but many 'Nations' in one! It was ruled by different monarchs who did whatever they thought right to add to our history (making of Taj Mahal, Qutub Minar, etc)

And what changed?

N-O-T-H-I-N-G

Then British came over, brought all these 'Monarchies' under one umbrella; built their roads, brought out railways, airports, etc.

Again, what changed?

N-O-T-H-I-N-G

The selfish men as we were, still continued living as selfish men.

The ONLY difference now: We all equally own INDIA as citizens. There's no Monarchy to restrict us, but the Constitution of India and the Law. So 'Too many cooks spoil the broth!'. And too many cooks often create more 'recipes'; to spoil the 'broth' as well! - both are different!

Everyone wants his share for himself. If there's a loaf of bread, the finest pieces are fought for! The same goes with India.

India is an old vegetarian which has conceived blood hungry carnivores!

Is globalization to be blamed?

NO.

Why?

We used to do trading with other countries for thousands of years even before the word 'globalization' came into existence/our knowledge.

So what has to be done?

Yeah right! Think about it now!

Can we unite atleast for a decade as one 'INDIA'??? I mean really, can all parties/politicians/cats/dogs/rich/poor/literate/illetrate/anyone all combine together and strive together to make 'our home' a better place?

If yes, then it's WOW!

Reason for saying all this:

I've lived my entire childhood through schooling in a country which practices Monarchy - Kuwait. The development is huge because decisions are taken by just few people and the 'channeling' of that country's resources has been done with such care and careful planning. Before the discovery of oil in early 1930s, the entire area was just vast areas of desert and uninhabitable land. The then Kuwaitis were pearl merchants. Kuwait gained independence from United Kingdom in the year 1961 after which it started internal developments. Almost entire Kuwait was ruined after the Iraqi Invasion in 1990. I was born during the invasion in Kuwait. I'm happy that Kuwaiti government (it's a Sheikdom with a parliament) has been working hard to restore Kuwait to even greater heights after that.

The same goes to the history of the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.) which were a group of individual Nations (Emirates) which later joined together and are reigning together.

When you look at the whole picture, you can see that if you combine the resources and potential you can 'actually' muster from India, these two countries stand no were near. But unfortunately we Indians 'have not' channeled our resources effectively yet.

It's one thing to blame someone, but try looking at the picture from 10,000miles up in the sky - it's just a small issue which can be sorted out!

P.S.: Recommend all politicians/non-politicians reading this to 'actually' go through the history of those nations which had nothing in the beginning and how they overcome and channeled their resources to actually 'prosper'.

P.S.S.: Another great example: South Africa, the land of Madiba!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you are a new member of the CE Community, this is a good place to start! 1. Introduce Yourself Click on the link above and share how awesome you...
I see a lot of plastic waste in my house but i don't know to safely dispose it.if anyone had suggestions ......please don't hesitate to post....Especially electronic waste.
Lenovo, the big brand from China, has launched two new smartphones with Lenovo S930 and S650 that run on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system and have got Dual SIM...
Google today has quietly unveiled a new website that helps its users perform various tasks using Google products. The aptly named Google Tips website has got clickable cards relating to...
1. Permanent magnet DC motors have a permanent magnet as the field magnet. According to laws of physics, a permanent magnet loses its magnetic property if subjected to heat. now...