Aroma transfer - is it possible?

Lot of innovation has been done but I wonder not anyone thought about this! I am starting this thread to discuss if it is possible to transfer smell from one place to another. If yes, how? If not, why?

I hope you all will enjoy posting on this thread and coming up with crazy ideas on how to make it possible!

Crook

Replies

• no_atkt
    no_atkt
    well im sorry to disappoint u but aroma of flowrs and taste of chocolates can already be felt using a computer and an added hardware

#-Link-Snipped-#

cant find the chocolate tasting link now 😎
  • th3 ied kid
    th3 ied kid
    well i think smell is as good a chemistry as physics it is!
    a computer might do a spectral analysis of given object/sample and then relate it to the chemistry of smell and sensation and then this gives rise to a particular code getting generated and then this code gets mailed to you and this code gets decoded and the particular smell is re-generated with a prestored chemical and the requisite smell is thus transfered!
    This works coz each smell has a chemical associated with a chemical composition and this triggers the sesation to our brains and hence the feel!Well i've got very little chemistry knowldge and this idea i constructed with the elemental knowldge and this could be wrong as well so please edit this ......
  • rawnaveen
    rawnaveen
    yeah dude iSmell device developed by digiscents serves the same purpose
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I searched for 'ismell' and following link showed up -

#-Link-Snipped-#

Check it out πŸ˜€

-The Big K-
  • rosh009
    rosh009
    hey!biggie! itz a cool article. 😎
    but for it to come into reality will take another five years or so i guessπŸ˜”
    actually! ismell is a next generation version of e-nose/smart nose which is almost into defence technology now like replacing sniffers[dogs].

and also, this ISMELL is definitely going to land up as an addition to the current OMNI-THEATRE. those who have been to germmany or even those residing in germanywill know about it!

omni-theatre is a mind-boggling 3-D movie theatre where in the chairs move synchronously to that of a pilot in the cockpit of a fighter plane , during a rat scene , a thread made of rat-tail like material comes out of nowhere to touch ur legs , and many more.
    and this ISMELL[once into market] is just going to take this OMNI-THEATRE to a different level of experience!😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Marwan Yassin (MaRo) *Engineering Trade: Computer Location: Egypt *Occupation: (Student | Undergrad at a unversity in Egypt) *Hobbies & Interests: Computers, PCs, Macs (anything has keyboard & microprocessor), Music...
well am a newbie to all this PHP n javascripts thing and if i had anything to spend time with these then itz just been the free hours besides my...
Pradypop!! Wishing you many Happy Returns of The day!😁😁 May your dreams come true & you get success in everything that you do! Rock on, dude!πŸŽ‰ -The Big K-
please remove the ridiculous 50 character limit damn i cant even post a 1 line message here ... what is this its absoluetly ridiculous 😑
CEans, We have updated our system. Hopefully everything should work just fine. But there might be bugs. If you find any bug/error/abnormal behavior while browsing the forum, please report it...