CrazyEngineers
  • Lot of innovation has been done but I wonder not anyone thought about this! I am starting this thread to discuss if it is possible to transfer smell from one place to another. If yes, how? If not, why?

I hope you all will enjoy posting on this thread and coming up with crazy ideas on how to make it possible!

Crook
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • no_atkt

MemberMay 12, 2007

well im sorry to disappoint u but aroma of flowrs and taste of chocolates can already be felt using a computer and an added hardware

#-Link-Snipped-#

cant find the chocolate tasting link now 😎
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • th3 ied kid

MemberMay 12, 2007

well i think smell is as good a chemistry as physics it is!
    a computer might do a spectral analysis of given object/sample and then relate it to the chemistry of smell and sensation and then this gives rise to a particular code getting generated and then this code gets mailed to you and this code gets decoded and the particular smell is re-generated with a prestored chemical and the requisite smell is thus transfered!<patented :th3 ied kid ;-) 😉

This works coz each smell has a chemical associated with a chemical composition and this triggers the sesation to our brains and hence the feel!Well i've got very little chemistry knowldge and this idea i constructed with the elemental knowldge and this could be wrong as well so please edit this ......
    Cancel
  • rawnaveen

MemberAug 6, 2007

yeah dude iSmell device developed by digiscents serves the same purpose
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorAug 7, 2007

I searched for 'ismell' and following link showed up -

#-Link-Snipped-#

Check it out 😀

-The Big K-
    Cancel
  • rosh009

MemberAug 7, 2007

hey!biggie! itz a cool article. 😎
    but for it to come into reality will take another five years or so i guess😔
    actually! ismell is a next generation version of e-nose/smart nose which is almost into defence technology now like replacing sniffers[dogs].

and also, this ISMELL is definitely going to land up as an addition to the current OMNI-THEATRE. those who have been to germmany or even those residing in germanywill know about it!

omni-theatre is a mind-boggling 3-D movie theatre where in the chairs move synchronously to that of a pilot in the cockpit of a fighter plane , during a rat scene , a thread made of rat-tail like material comes out of nowhere to touch ur legs , and many more.
    and this ISMELL[once into market] is just going to take this OMNI-THEATRE to a different level of experience!😁
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register