Are You Happy With The Quality Of Education In Your Engineering College?

I usually get disappointed to see the quality of engineering students from India. I've been to several colleges (for talks, mostly) and never been impressed. Times of India today ran an article: No more engg colleges, states tell AICTE | Mumbai News - Times of India that more or less confirms that the supply is more than demand and I think this is the reason that has destroyed the quality of students in engineering colleges. Well, IITs are no exception too and I personally agree with Mr. Narayana Murthy (founder of Infosys) that quality of students isn't up to the mark.

Look around yourself. Are your engineering college lecturers/professors qualified enough? Do they have deep knowledge of their subjects or they are just the dummy guys/girls recruited to fill the blanks? But then, the industry is the same - no innovation no real need to use your brain at work and so on. What do you think?

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I thought this was an already discussed topic. Yes there is a bad influence these days.

P.S.: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Also do check out Post number 5 on this link for related queries and debates to Education systems: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    I usually get disappointed to see the quality of engineering students from India. I've been to several colleges (for talks, mostly) and never been impressed. Times of India today ran an article: No more engg colleges, states tell AICTE | Mumbai News - Times of India that more or less confirms that the supply is more than demand and I think this is the reason that has destroyed the quality of students in engineering colleges. Well, IITs are no exception too and I personally agree with Mr. Narayana Murthy (founder of Infosys) that quality of students isn't up to the mark.

Look around yourself. Are your engineering college lecturers/professors qualified enough? Do they have deep knowledge of their subjects or they are just the dummy guys/girls recruited to fill the blanks? But then, the industry is the same - no innovation no real need to use your brain at work and so on. What do you think?
    This article by Peter Foquet seems to echo your views: #-Link-Snipped-#

What is told about UK can be multiplied many times in India. There are engineering colleges lit up with coloured lights like marriage halls. Full Electronics graduates , who do not know how a simple voltage divider works, from such colleges are the kind of enineering resource available to companies setting up manufacturing.

How can we expect India to shine with these? Obama seems to have more faith in Indian Engineers.
  • ukanth19
    ukanth19
    Cen
    bioramani
    This article by Peter Foquet seems to echo your views: #-Link-Snipped-#

What is told about UK can be multiplied many times in India. There are engineering colleges lit up with coloured lights like marriage halls. Full Electronics graduates , who do not know how a simple voltage divider works, from such colleges are the kind of enineering resource available to companies setting up manufacturing.

How can we expect India to shine with these? Obama seems to have more faith in Indian Engineers.
    Cen% correct sir..I agree with you..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While the majority of the engineering graduates are after jobs, there are few ones who want to go out of the way and try their hands at starting up their...
Acer has just forayed in the world of Windows mobile operating systems and launched the Acer Allegro - First ever windows 7 phone by the company. The allegro offerse 3.6-inch...
I've been getting the news that Samsung's BBM competitor 'ChatOn' is expected to be available on the Web. I've been searching Google but couldn't find much information. Does anyone know...
hi i want to do m.tech project of intelligent fire alarm system using embedded system so please reply me as soon as possible.
Dropbox is an effective software as a service that lets you backup all your files from desktops pcs, Macs and mobile phones in a central place and access them from...