Are Vedas ultimate answers to physics?

Vedas have been source of knowledge for many here are few facts that will prove it

1). Vedas predicted nearly exact age of universe(watch out for this link):

#-Link-Snipped-#
2).predicted exact value the speed of light :
#-Link-Snipped-#

3).predicted the value of atomic radii.

4).scientific evidences are their that nuclear weapons were used in the war of Mahabharat
here is a link to a history channel documentary on it:

So shall we look over again those scriptures to find any new revolutionary ideas.
Like if you like it.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I take some of these evidences with a healthy dose of salt. The last(?) of the eighteen puranas is the Brahmanda Purana. It describes that there was a golden egg from which the universe was born. The immediate conclusion is that our ancients knew about the Big Bang. That the rest of the purana describes various gods, goddesses and miracles is conveniently ignored.
    I have read a research paper published many years back by a Hindu historian that gives evidence that sling shots were the deadliest weapons available at the time of Mahabharata.
    The pushpaha Vimana is considered to be an anti gravity aircraft. Sometimes we tend to glorify our ancients without justification. We can be justly proud of the calculus kind mathematics and involved celestial mechanical calculations Indians did in the recent (1000 BC onwards). Uncanny accuracy of prediction of eclipses contrast with the blind assertions of astrology. Tremendous advances in internal medicine and surgery coexisted with black magic and quackery.

While I tend to discount much of the so called advanced science in the vedas, I also wonder why we lost track of the real advances in maths and medicine that were more recent. Probably India also had its own dark ages.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I also wonder why we lost track of the real advances in maths and medicine that were more recent.
    May be , because India demolished again and again over period of time.
    If we believe (as we don't have written evidence),at that time, our country was most developed while rest of world is just trying to capture more and more area of earth to get rich.
    Due to numerous demolition of country over time to time we lost our science (written proof) , what science wants.
    take a single example , If Nalanda was not burnt, probably we would have biggest source of knowledge in the world.
    Almost everything what stated in Mahabharata and Ramayana is coming to reality from flying boat(airplane) , Agnibana(missile), Ramsetu(bridge over see), Sanjay Dristi (ability to see things remotely) ....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've been following this topic since last few months and totally convinced that Indians from the past knew much more than what we know today. Be it the atomic bombs or the first flight; a *lot* was known, but the time took it all away from us. Our libraries were burnt and our text-books were re-written so that we're conditioned to think that we only had a 'dark past' where people fought with sticks and burnt women alive.

The left-over evidences shouldn't be ignored. Because there's a possibility that India saw a glorious past but it just didn't carry over to modern times. I don't know the reasons and I'm exploring with whatever resources I find online/offline.

It's no wonder that the concepts of atom, molecule, space, Universe were known to Indians. There are evidences and I'm not a fanatic who's saying for it makes me feel proud/good. Truth must be unearthed. The world isn't as simple as it looks to our eyes.

Good read about first flight, 20 years before the R. brothers.

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Today's world there we hardly found any job which is suitable for EEE engineers..........
hi I am Yash.Let me introduce myself first i am a btech fresher (ECE) with good skills of programing(in both electronics and computer languages) and with the best skill, oration....
How does the inverter works while there is no electricity? Does it require a battery? Please let me know.
Will it be feasible to create an Ironman arc reactor?? i think it either use palladium cold fusion or a hot fusion reactor of small size can the reactor size...
what is the difference b/w vlsi and embedded branches?