vlsi vs embedded

what is the difference b/w vlsi and embedded branches?

Replies

• aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Embedded system is the term used to any computing system that is used to perform a limited or specialized task. Unlike a general purpose computer that can perform a wide variety of tasks and is very complex, an embedded system is rather simplistic and does not have unnecessary hardware. ATMs, routers, calculators, and mobile phones are a few examples of devices that have embedded systems in them.

On the other hand, VLSI stand for Very Large Scale Integration, which is a term used to describe the complexity of an integrated circuit by giving a generalized idea of how many transistors are within the circuit.

VLSI can be said as part of embedded system

P.S: correct me if I am wrong
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Embedded System means System on a Chip. If I am going to explain in very basic then If you are going to make a device which can sense remote signal and set Fan speed according to that. so in embedded you need to choose some microcontroller then write code for remote sensing.

while in VLSI they design a chip which works exactly same as I told but they are not going to write a code and load into chip but they design such hardware for dedicated chip so chip itself becomes able to decode remote signal.

I. short for embedded you need both hardware as well as software while in VLSI you can application specific Intrgreted Chip.
  • robo_warrior
    robo_warrior
    are our windows os programmed in assembly languages i have heard a normal os requires millions of lines of codes to be programmed it. How can i program an small os probably for my phone.
  • Vishwanath J
    Vishwanath J
    aarthivg
    Embedded system is the term used to any computing system that is used to perform a limited or specialized task. Unlike a general purpose computer that can perform a wide variety of tasks and is very complex, an embedded system is rather simplistic and does not have unnecessary hardware. ATMs, routers, calculators, and mobile phones are a few examples of devices that have embedded systems in them.

On the other hand, VLSI stand for Very Large Scale Integration, which is a term used to describe the complexity of an integrated circuit by giving a generalized idea of how many transistors are within the circuit.

VLSI can be said as part of embedded system

P.S: correct me if I am wrong
    Embedded system is part of VLSI system... We embed small & large components on wafer which is VLSI Technology.... VLSI doesnt describes complexity, it deals with the analysis and design of very dense electronic integrated circuits (IC's)... Now a newer version is ULSI(Ultra LSI)....
  • Vishwanath J
    Vishwanath J
    robo_warrior
    are our windows os programmed in assembly languages i have heard a normal os requires millions of lines of codes to be programmed it. How can i program an small os probably for my phone.
    The codes u think to write is just depends on the language u use. C, Assembly or any other...
    U may reduce code if u r expert and know each and every functioal value in language perfectly.
    Start coding for small blocks/modules in C, Coding alone to ur phone is not easy task, rather not difficult if u know which all modules u needed to code....

Plan for good project oriented C and Java course... It might help u in future if u r interested in Software domain...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, Dear Friends... I have Pursued B.E in E&C and Masters in VLSI. But didnt get atleast Interview in any companies saying Fresher. So i am planning to set up...
hello to all my friends... my self soumik patra. i have just completed my 2nd year exam in B.tech Civil engineering. looking forward to carry on with. its all i...
Hi Can anyone please advice to do a ESD wiring diagram with maintenance override switch(MOS) logic?
Dharun Ravi, an 18 year old undergrad of Rutgers was guilty of an act of indiscretion that might have led to the suicide of his room mate, who was a...
what is the differance between impact and impulse?wher do both created...?