Are Holidays Necessary?

Considering the fact the modern mantra, "Work hard, Party harder", a party after work to rejuvenate the mind is the "to do" thing.
My thought is if celebrations become regular on a daily basis, doesn't it take the sheen off the occasions we call as holidays to celebrate?
In other words do we need holidays to celebrate?
Or do we need holidays at all?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For me a typical holiday is somewhere away from home, roaming around places to see the nature. I do need holidays!

PS: I do carry my phone and laptop with me 😛
  • Abhishek.Tony
    Abhishek.Tony
    Nice one Big_K, but I meant calendar holidays..
  • Abhishek.Tony
    Abhishek.Tony
    I just started this because recently on Republic Day, I went to my college where a flag hoisting function was to be held @ 8 o'clock in the morning...
    But only the teachers were present, no students at all.
    There is dismal attendance even on other cultural occasions like Ganesh Puja as well.
    May be there are a few who skip these occasions but the number seemingly increases every year.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Abhishek: In India - do people really care about their own country, to really celebrate Republic Day & Independence Day? I've strong views on this which I express through my blog.

People need calendar holidays to make sure they can manage 'long' weekends.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yep! Calender holidays are required for planning long trips!
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Yes I think calendar holidays is necessary especially those people who really work hard from Monday to Saturday and also to us students...
  • Reya
    Reya
    Yes holidays are required to meet my friends!
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    For me holidays are required to complete my piled up work, do some of the activities of my interest (eg sketching, cooking, music etc), taking rest and spending time with my family. So they are important. After all we need regular breaks.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Blackberry’s been famous for the full QWERTY keypad phones especially useful for rapid emailing and messaging. The Blackberry Malibu is your Blackberry Curve Touch and it’s a CDMA phone. But...
This idea popped up in my mind while writing a new post for VoiCE. I believe electrical, electronics and/or bio-medical engineers might be interested in working on it. The idea...
Hi, Currently am working in a company which has two years of bond. I would like to do higher education. In 2010 i had cleared GATE exam with 95.3 percentile...
No. I am not asking you the name of the inventor or anything of that sort. Recently, one of my lecturers said it's compulsory to give a National Level Paper...
The one that comes with the Slim, does it need a different play and charge kit? plugged in the battery from my old white controller and it gets no power?