Are all engineering branches treated with equal priority during campus selection?

hi kaustubh,i m having dought that is there equal priority between BE(COMP) and BE(E&TC) engineers during selection process for IT industry..???or is there first priority to BE(COMP)than BE(ETC)??because i seems that many IT componies are only taking BE(COMP/IT)...thanks

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    An interesting question! Well, the companies that let engineering students from all the branches sit for the recruitment exam typically do not distinguish between the candidates. Of course, the interview questions for the CS/IT background students are likely oriented toward programming but the other candidates shouldn't make non-CS/IT background an execute.

I've heard that after the candidates are recruited; the CS/IT are typically offered a role in the 'development' projects while others are preferred for the QA and other domains.

However, there is NOT SET RULE. Every company may decide its own policy and can change it at their own will.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Questions related to enginnering graphics/drawing of first year student who try to understand basics of subjects and facing difficulty to visualising objects or any kind related to orienraion of object...
we are going to start a group in our college(central university). this group is to unite all present an past ece students in our college. and to create a platform...
Went on a holiday trip with friends and clicked a lot of photos? Once back, everyone starts asking for sharing the bulk of photos via email or a Dropbox link....
Android 6.0 Marshmallow has been introduced and thousands are excited about the official roll out in India. Today, several blogs are reporting that the the latest iteration of Android may...
Hi everyone, glad to be a part CE's discussion forum, please evaluate my profile for MS in US for Fall 2016. Field of interest- Mechanical/ automobile/ energy systems [please suggest...