architecture of smart box

What is the actual concept of pipelining???

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    Pipelining is an effective way of organizing parallel activity in a computer system.Pipelining is commonly known as an assembly line operation.
    By laying the production process out in an assembly line, product at various stages can be worked on simultaneously. This process is also referred to as pipelining, because, as in a pipeline, new inputs are accepted at one end before previously accepted inputs appear as outputs at the other end.
    To apply the concept of instruction execution in pipeline, it is required to break the instruction in different task. Each task will be executed in different processing elements of the CPU.
    Therefore, the processor executes a program by fetching and executing instructions, one after another. The total execution time of 8 instructions in this 6 stages pipeline is 13-time unit. The first instruction gets completed after 6 time unit, and there after in each time unit it completes one instruction. Without pipeline, the total time required to complete 8 instructions would have been 48 (6 X 8) time unit. Therefore, there is a speed up in pipeline processing and the speed up is related to the number of stages.

The cycle time of an instruction pipeline is the time needed to advance a set of instructions one stage through the pipeline.
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    Rightly said by praveena, I think pipelining is the technique to make the another operation as continue whenever the previous going operation get completed. or else we can say that the another operation is waiting in the pipeline till the previous going operation overs .

As for an example,

if in my net broadband connection one plan is going on and if it will be expired after 2 days and if i wan't to renew my plan with another plan, then the service provider will give my next coming plan into pipeline so that whenever my present going plan will expire my new plan get's active ...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends Can you please tell me how we can edit videos online or offline If we want to add some of photos in between the video or if we...
We all want to celebrate birthday of our own and our dear friends and relatives We also want to make it really special for them Lets discuss / better ceans...
you might have heard of unmanned but remotely controlled vehicles, the below ones are more than unbelievable, these robots are self controlled . No human intervention what so ever and...
This thread requires contribution from all our graphically inclined CEans. We are thinking of a CE Doodle (just like Google does its logos ๐Ÿ˜ ) Let's contribute all crazy ideas....
CEans, On November 26, 2010; we want to celebrate CE's birthday in your respective cities and your contribution is welcome. We want to collect crazy ideas about how can we...