Apple TV Coming To India. Price Rs. 8295 + Taxes!

Apple TV is surely coming to India and Apple's India website has put up a dedicated page with Apple TV : Look: #-Link-Snipped-# . Apple TV syncs with your iTunes through iCloud and makes available all the digital content available on your widescreen HDTV.

The biggest advantage of snyc is that the content is streamed directly from the cloud so there is no need of local storage. A faster internet connection, however is a must. HD films will be streamed directly from iTunes library so no downloading required.

Apple TV however won't play your regular TV shows (yet). You can however stream/download anything that's on your iTunes account and your iPad or iPhone.

The price of the Apple TV in India has not been officially announced yet. I'm thinking it'd be significantly higher; about Rs. 30k range. I'd rather connect my laptop to my computer with an HDMI cable and watch stuff.

Wondering we've anyone who's interested in buying an Apple TV?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update!

I was insanely wrong. The price of the gadget is just Rs. 8295 + taxes which might find Apple TV a ton of buyers in India. But thanks to the lower Internet speeds that you will have to 'wait' until your vidoes buffer.

What do you say? The price's just right?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Looks like apple trying to make people to get use to Apple products from lower cost products.
    the above iTune tv is a very restricted version of Western Digital Live hub.
    I will go with WD hub @11K price with support to all formats including .mkv with 1TB storage also works like streaming from local network.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Android Jelly Bean Upgrade is coming to Galaxy Note GT-N7000 users in India, as I learn from the social media. Galaxy Note users from India have been waiting for the...
I might be ignorant, but I've not found a convincing reason the Government of India is making it mandatory for almost everyone to opt out of cable connections for the...
ISPAI aka the Internet Service Providers Authority India, has just announced that the Internet broadband rates in India are likely to go up in coming days. The change in pricing...
Wipro Infotech has bagged the contract to manage IT operations for the International Airport @ Mumbai. Wipro's main responsibility will be to ensure that the IT operations run smooth using...
There has always been a discussion about why India has not produced a global IT company that doesn't act as a service center for the leading software/IT/hardware/banking companies, despite having...