Answer the Electronics problem

1) Two lamps of 200W,200V and 100W,220V are connected in series across 220V supply.The ratio of current through theem will be
i) 1:2 ii)1:1 iii)2:1 iv)1:4

2)Two heaters,rated at 1000W,250V each are connected in series across a 250V,50Hz ac mains.Total power drawn from the supply would be
i) 1000W ii)500W iii)250W iv)2000W

3)A 200W,230V lamp is connected across 115V supply.The lamp will draw power
i)slightly more than 50w ii) less than 50W iii)50W iv)none of these

4)In two parallel conducting plates,each of area a and having charge density p,the force of attraction between them will be
i) (p^2*A^3)/(2*effsalan) ii)(e^2*A)/(2*effsalan) iii)p^2/(2*effsalan)
iv)p^2/2

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    1) 1:1
    2) 2000W
    3) 50W
    4) (1/4*Pi*Epsilon)(p^2*a^2/d^2) - None of the choices.

- Karthik
  • selvaece2004
    selvaece2004
    But they gave answer for
    1) 1:2
    2) 500W
    3) slightly more 50W
    4) i
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    1) I totally disagree with them. When you connect two loads in series, the current through them is always the same. WHATEVER YOU DO !!!😒

2) Correct. I stand corrected, it is 500W. Thats because, the both are rated 250V,1000W. So when you apply 250V to both, they get half the voltage, which means they give only 1/4 the power. In total it is 500W.

3) Same logic as above. If you give half the voltage, you will get 1/4 the power.

4) Dont know how? Can you get the explanation too.

- Karthik

​
  • BigOhm
    BigOhm
    (1) is 1:1 as reachrkata clearly stated.
    (2) has no correct answer. Heaters are non-Ohmic.
    (3)has no correct answer. Lamps are also non-Ohmic
    (4) has no correct answer listed. The question is very poorly stated.
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    Hey Big Ohm,

All electrical devices are Ohmic in a way. The heating element in the heater is Ohmic and so is a lamp.

-Karthik
  • BigOhm
    BigOhm
    reachrkata
    Hey Big Ohm,

All electrical devices are Ohmic in a way. The heating element in the heater is Ohmic and so is a lamp.

-Karthik
    Only if you can figure out how to run them at constant temperature (kinda defeats the purpose of a space heater, though 😔).
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    Of course, based on the temperature the Ohmic value would vary.
    But the device remains Ohmic nevertheless !😉

-Karthik
  • BigOhm
    BigOhm
    The game is not worth the candle. You may indeed call such an effect Ohmic when corrected for temperature. I may equally well call it non-Ohmic. There is no bright line separating the cases. Nonetheless, whatever we call the effect, the resistance of a hot lamp cannot be measured cold.
  • risahe
    risahe
    I think this is not a very diffcult problem, you should think is by yourself.
  • omm87
    omm87
    there is a simple formulation given by power to calculate the consumption....
    also,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and solve it..................by your requirement

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Networking course for training Hi, I am student of computer science branch. I am interested in networking. I have completed CCNA and J2SE course. Currently i came across an advertisement...
tonite I was at my favorite friday spot which was just under the HARBOUR BRDGE.Its a 10 lane suspension bridge which had already celebrated its 75 yrs couple of years...
ICANN [Internet corporation for assigned names & numbers] is now going to allow website addresses in non-latin script. That means very soon, we'll see website addresses in Hindi, Chinese, Arabic,...
It is to inform you guys that my college is organizing tech fest.. for all you guys are invited to my college ..Please come and visit it... click here for...
I personally think the idea is cool. However, do we really need non-latin domain names? If you don't know what we're talking about, look here: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...in-web-addresses-how-does-sound-new-post.html