Another question regarding specialization.

Hello all, and welcome to my thread. I hope you can give me advice in this matter. In one month I will be starting university, my desire is to go into research, and I am aware that Physics is the best thing to study for this, alas where I am this course is not available. So I decided to take Electronics engineering. I was informed that some time during my university education I would have to select a specific discipline to specialize in.

Now the question, If I specialize in a discipline, am I restricted to only that discipline in the future? For example, If I specialize in Telecommunications Engineering, can I still do postgraduate studies in physics or in control engineering, or computer systems engineering?

Mainly, I'm interested in researching in most areas of physics, so another thing, which field is broader? Mechanical or Electronics? and also, is it possible to do postgraduate studies in Physics if I had a Bachelors degree in Mechanics?

I really appreciate any advice and information I can get in this matter, as I have to make the decision in a few days. Please people say what you think, don't hold back.

Thanks for you time, and consideration.
Ahmed

EDIT: Added colors for readability.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

He’s one of the World Wide Web’s good guys. Someone Kofi Annan would wholeheartedly endorse. Amit Singhal, one of the backroom boys of Google, shines in a world that the...
By now, our CEans from India must have gotten used to the TV news channels reporting the scams, fraud and corruption going on in CWG 2010 @ Delhi. It's shocking...
Google is shopping again - and their latest purchase is Like.com for about 100 million dollars. Munjal Shah, the co-founder and CEO of like.com has announced the news like's homepage....
CEans, Those who are taking GRE struggle a lot with the word lists. In my opinion, 2 - 2.5 months is ample time for being confident with word lists. Let's...
From whatever I've collected from the Internet; Samsung developed the S-AMOLED technology to handle the drawbacks of the OLED technology they used for displays. Now, how about someone well informed...