Android app as final year project?

hey guys,
Im from currently doing BE final year and pretty confused about choosing a final year project...anyways, im thinking of doing an android app,but does anyone have an idea as to whether an android app meets the complexity required for a final year project??
Will the university accept this as a project?? Our professors are telling us to do IEEE based projects but im not really interested in research oriented projects..rather id like to do something of daily use like an app...your suggestion guys ? IEEE ,android or some other industrial based project?
P.S : people with personal experience with VTU please mention so in you reply to confirm

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Whether your university will accept your project can only be confirmed by those from the concerned departments. So it's better to get in touch with the University officials before you proceed with your project. Also, what worked in earlier years may not hold this year - so the only option that seems reasonable to me is to get the confirmation from officials.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    No personal experience with VTU, but Go for it! I have no idea why there is this obsession with IEEE based projects. 😕
    Just make a kick-ass Android app and keep showing them a demonstration from time-to-time. I am sure at least some professors in the department will see the potential. You can show them how useful an app can be by taking examples from Google Play Store.

PS: But as Biggie said, do take confirmation.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Iam deeply in need of the matlab, simulink and labview softwares . but iam not finding any free download sites. can anyone please help me with the link.
WordPress has become popular content management system on the Internet and it's quite webmaster friendly. The system allows changing of URL structure with a click of a button. So if...
Nokia Here Maps App has been announced. The all new free and enhanced version of the Nokia Maps for iOS features offline modes (much needed), support for HTML5, voice-guided walking...
The first picture is of an amphibian type which can be used both in and out of water. The other pictures are of an underwater type which can swim below...
Everyone has a set of friends who do this! If you do, share this with them, yo! 😀