Nokia Here Maps App Free Download - What's your take?

Nokia Here Maps App has been announced. The all new free and enhanced version of the Nokia Maps for iOS features offline modes (much needed), support for HTML5, voice-guided walking directions (You would want to use it) and built-in public transport guidance. If you're an user of the Apple's native Maps App, you will know that some of those features aren't already present there. So, that's a plus! With this app, Nokia is bringing the cloud-optimized mapping technology to the market.
The company also announced that the Here software tool kit for Android smartphone makers will be made during the first quarter of next year. Additionally, Nokia is partnering with Mozilla to make Here available on the browser maker’s forthcoming smartphone operating software, Firefox OS.

Here's what a screenshot looks like -

Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 10.19.31 AM

Anyone on CE giving it a try? What are your views about the news?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I tried loading the here.net in my browser and it didn't give me the details (images, photos, description) I'd get from Google Maps. I think Google Maps is quite an evolved product and far ahead of the competition. I don't see me using this anytime soon unless it shows my home on the map 😛 .
  • lal
    lal
    I remember reading this some where on the web as a joke, "Google maps allows me to visit any nook and corner in the world, but I am always interested in visiting my own home only" 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The first picture is of an amphibian type which can be used both in and out of water. The other pictures are of an underwater type which can swim below...
Everyone has a set of friends who do this! If you do, share this with them, yo! 😀
Here's a cool way of understanding HTTP error status codes represented by CATS. You'll get everything from 404 to 431 to 500. Source: 9gag.com
There can be different scales to measure the success of business. It could be just finance based (Ex. Company did turn of X in the current financial year, so it's...
DocEngage is a Bangalore based startup that has launched a cloud-based collaboration platform for Doctors and Patients. The company allows patients to find doctors in Bangalore and maintain their family...