Android 4.3 feature Privacy Guard

There is very much less talk about Android 4.3 feature , Privacy Guard (quietly slipped by google) but I think this is one of the much awaited and have to be added feature.
If we see random apps on play store like whatsup app, or any other app. most of the time we install the application without noticing authorization access we are giving to them.
So what is Privacy Guard is all about.
media-20130929
media-20130929 (1)

If you are running Android 4.3, you just need to go Setting --> Security --> Privacy Guard.
Now you can install any random application and go to privacy gaurd setting and find out if that application need to read your private data (Contacts and messages).

When I looked into Privacy guard of my apps even popular apps like Dolphins browser, Smart Tools, eRail.in, Photoshop Express, GPS Test (tiny but useful app) these apps are looking for private data.
I don't think these apps ever need to access phone book or messages.

Replies

• Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    This is so much useful, as the technology is advancing, we need higher security to protect our privacy online, and the data our phone is sharing can be very harmful..

Very nice feature of Android 4.3 indeed. 😀
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Thanks for noticing out and bringing it to light.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

here are some of my queries about batteries: -how are batteries generally rated? -what is the difference between a 12V36A battery and a 12V100A? -what will be the effect of...
hi i have completed btech in cse this year i want to apply for cdac feb batch. i need help about how to prepare for cdac entrance exam. i know...
Todays news prove that future two wheelers would be equipped with present car(four wheeler) technologies.Yes Hero Motor Corporation has announced that Its R&D has come up with a new idea...
I saw this strip - a collection of quotes from Chris Guillebeau presented as a comic strip and had a good laugh. I think the strip itself is very thought...
Dear, I am working in Saudi Arabia as electrical engineer with a Turkish based contracting company. I would like to return india soon and would like to establish my own...