Aircel BookMate E-Book Store Launched - Monthly Memberships Open

Aircel BookMate

Leading mobile service provider Aircel has rolled out its very own e-book store called as Aircel BookMate for its subscribers. This e-book store will allow users to read and download books, magazines and comics on their smartphones, tablets and PCs. To get started Aircel subscribers have to register on the Aircel tips and tricks and purchase monthly memberships which will give them Aircel BookMate points. These points shall be then be used to buy e-books on the website. Given below is a screenshot of all the monthly payment slabs and the amount of points that you are entitled for each slab.

Price Slabs

The app for Android is up on the Google Play store while the iOS app is still under development. On first look at the website it was impressive to see the number of Indian comics and regional magazines on the store but the fiction and non-fiction books category seemed quite lacklustre when compared to the other e-book stores like Amazon or Flipkart. With time it is hoped that Aircel will manage to get more books under its repository. But will users be willing to sign up for this service at a time when they have better options? Only time will give us the answer.

Source: Aircel E-Book Store BookMate Comes To Android | TechTree.com

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    I am sure they will upgrade their book Bank and we have more options. As for the idea, it was badly needed and we were waiting when anyone launches it. I m surely giving it a shot and see how much I can extract. I just hope it fits the small pockets
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I feel good after seeing that We wil be able to download regional comics and books.I dont think it can outbeat flipkart interms of collection.
    Pricing will be a major deciding factor in competition.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't get it. What's the point in launching an eBook store?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't get it. What's the point in launching an eBook store?
    Why not?? Libraries are getting outdated and people are moving towards ebooks. Since they are easier to distribute and use and also to reproduce. They are the next generation media source. Ebooks are better to use and cooler than using physical copies that have a lifetime as well as a lot of pains to use as compared to Ebooks. It was high time we had any Ebook library / Store. And I think Flipkart, Amazon, Google and now Aircel have taken this seriously and launched their products. And I am sure this will be evolved in the next year and I see by the turn of this year, we could make excellent use of these services
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    One of the drawbacks of this web e book store is its points policy. While in other sites the prices of all the books is shown in currency you get an idea on your expenditure but when you exchange points for books you do not get an idea of whether you are getting the books at a cheaper or higher price than its MRP.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The next-gen Maruti Suzuki A-star was caught on camera for the first very time while undergoing a test drive in India. The car was entirely camouflaged when spotted by 'hotshot'...
Freecharge.in - the dream service that promises to make your recharges free by providing you with coupons worth equal to the amount you've spent looks too good to be true....
Custom car maker Austin Coulson of the US set the record as the owner of the smallest roadworthy car, which can be legally drive on the road. The car measures...
Since last 8-10 months Canonical developers are working on Mir display server(Which is fork of Wayland). While everyone's embracing Wayland, Ubuntu is going for Mir. Maybe Ubuntu's choice is correct...
I am going to copy-paste the content from this website for the people who really hate clicking the links. (I know how you feel, when someone puts up the link...