Air/mass flow correction formula for steam?

hi
can anyone tell me the air/mass flow correction formula for steam
i am not getting it properly from wiki

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Help us to help you. What exactly do you mean?
    If you have a formula for air, which you want to apply for steam to adjust the relative mass under identical volumetric flow rate multiply by the ratio of densities at corresponding temperatures. However, most flow formulae involve other properties of the materials like viscosity. Please elaborate.
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    actually there is a flow tranmitter which will read the flow of steam. the point here is the flow transmitter is measuring steam at a high pressure (something like 100kg/cm3). so the flow has to be corrected using formula to obtain the correct reading..
    this is done for level transmitters also in power plants to measure the level of water and steam inside the boiler drum with similar pressures...

to help other also who read this: i found this formula on the wiki but i dont think it is helping me..
    Fc = Find ( sqrt(Pind/Pdesign / Tind/Tdesign))
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    What are the units of measurement? Is it a mass flow or volume flow. If volume flow then the ratio of densities may be the factor to use. What is the design pressure at which the meter is calibrated?
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    thanks
    i will look into the calibration values also... btw... it is mass flow of ethane passed.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    bobgalle
    thanks i will look into the calibration values also... btw... it is mass flow of ethane passed.
    I am confused. If it is a mass flow meter for ethane, where does high pressure steam figure in this? Generally mass flow meters measure the change in temperature of the passing stream for the injection of a particular calories up stream. Q = mC(p) Del(T), from which knowing Del(T) m can be calculated.
  • Margross
    Margross
    By stating a unit of flow such as normal m3 of a gas fluid, there are two parameters which are critical for the definition of the unit flow. They are the pressure and the temperature.
  • Margross
    Margross
    Margross
    By stating a unit of flow such as normal m3 of a gas fluid, there are two parameters which are critical for the definition of the unit flow. They are the pressure and the temperature.
    Corrected Flow is the flow that would pass by device.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I belong to Etc background and i wanna go into gaming industires but every1 says u need to be CS background person
i got 1785 rank in dac december 2012 exam.above my rank 1500 candidates r dere...should i got any institute or not.nd which is best for me..
hi friends, can anyone provide me with the link to free download an e book on Engineering Graphics/Engineering drawing?? thanks in advance
what is the role of a battery in an automobile? I am be-known to the fact that I is used to drive all the electronic appliances like headlights, speedometers,indicators etc....
Let us understand the difference between COP (coefficient of performance) and efficiency (of heat transferring device) in relation to thermodynamics and refrigeration.