What are the scopes of a person of Entc background to survive in IT Industries?

I belong to Etc background and i wanna go into gaming industires but every1 says u need to be CS background person

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Getting into an IT industry and surviving in it are two different things. The gaming industry itself is very vast and you will have to narrow down your career choices. Are your interests and skills oriented towards graphics designing? Are you aware of 3D animation, modelling tools like 3D Studio Max, MAYA? Are you a hardcore C/C++ coder who can write graphics stuff? Do you have any pet-projects to show to your recruiters that will tell them that you can fit into their company? If yes - you can get into gaming industry without a CS background.

Without a computers background and no history of working in graphics/design it'll be very difficult to get a job. From what I know the gaming industry (software) works differently from traditional IT industry. I doubt they provide basic programming training to the fresh recruits; unlike Infosys / TCS that have their own dedicated training programs.

Keep trying and keep improving your skills. You'll ultimately find a place in your dream job.
  • Ismail0352
    Ismail0352
    I have Written Stories for Games
    I have also Developed Gaming Online Server In C Programming but i dunno how or where to showcase them
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ismail0352
    I have Written Stories for Games
    I have also Developed Gaming Online Server In C Programming but i dunno how or where to showcase them
    That could be a huge advantage. I'm not sure which country you're located in - but if you're in India; you might try applying to smaller gaming companies in Mumbai. Once you build your profile of working for game development company - you can opt for bigger ones. ubisoft @ Pune could be a good choice then.
  • Ismail0352
    Ismail0352
    Ya I am an Indian
    I applied in Ubisoft and Nvidea both but heard anythn back from them

Ismail0352
    Ya I am an Indian
    I applied in Ubisoft and Nvidea both but heard anythn back from them
    never heard anythn back 4rm dem
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Gaming a very vague field,brother.
    CD Project RED(The Witcher 1 & 2 dev) is always lacking good developers so you can find the details in their official website with eligibilty they're looking for.
    If you are more into pc programming side then I seriously suggest you to learn C++ & master it,this language is & will stay hottest than any language out in market for hardcore games ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ismail0352
    Ismail0352
    Troll_So_Hard
    Gaming a very vague field,brother.
    CD Project RED(The Witcher 1 & 2 dev) is always lacking good developers so you can find the details in their official website with eligibilty they're looking for.
    If you are more into pc programming side then I seriously suggest you to learn C++ & master it,this language is & will stay hottest than any language out in market for hardcore games ๐Ÿ˜€
    is learning Java also a good option in this stream....
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    If you wanna join in the force who develops games like Skyrim,COD,Crysis,Battlefield,GTA,etc. then strictly NO!
    It won't help you.

C++ for engine & lua - python (for mission scriptings)
    Choose any one language & the task you're interested in & nail that bitch ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    NVIDIA needs hardcore C / C++ folks and graphics skills. They tend to recruit IITs and other top engineering colleges in India only; because the level of mastery you need over the programming languages is exceptional. I think they've an internal rule to recruit only from CS background and others are basically put into drivers testing; which isn't quite related to gaming per se.

Whether you need Java will only be decided by the platform on which you're developing games. For the traditional gaming industry, as far as I know, you need to be *exceptional* in C, C++ and general programming, algorithms, graphics and hardware concepts. The game development companies typically tend to write their own gaming engines to develop games and you might even need some scripting knowledge as well.

As I said before, gaming industry is vast. If you are developing games for smartphones and tablets - you might do well with Java. At least, if you're developing games for Android - knowing Java will benefit a lot.
  • Ismail0352
    Ismail0352
    To survive in IT you need to learn the programming languages, that forms the basic part.

For Gaming, there are many options available like, animating, producing, sound, Development etc...

I decided to go with Development, and as mentioned above by #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# one needs to get hold of C/C++. C++ is used by almost all game developing companies which focuses on PC gaming.

So in the end, it comes down to learn the programming language and not just learn but have some implementations of it.

apart from this one need to have a good understandings of Physics and Mathematics as well.
    Just start learning and implementing, I am doing it too.... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i got 1785 rank in dac december 2012 exam.above my rank 1500 candidates r dere...should i got any institute or not.nd which is best for me..
hi friends, can anyone provide me with the link to free download an e book on Engineering Graphics/Engineering drawing?? thanks in advance
what is the role of a battery in an automobile? I am be-known to the fact that I is used to drive all the electronic appliances like headlights, speedometers,indicators etc....
Let us understand the difference between COP (coefficient of performance) and efficiency (of heat transferring device) in relation to thermodynamics and refrigeration.
hi all ... i am max0077 {max is my programming alias and i can't get the simple "max" so that's why i am using max 0077} EDUCATION - BE [computer...