Air conditioning: what actually is air change per hour?

what actually is air change per hour. The statement written in book is not at all understandable. So please explain it in simpler terms

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    In controlled environment rooms there is a specification for the number of air changes /hour. This refers to the volume of fresh air put into the room. The total volume of air let into the room in an hour for n air changesis given by nV m[SUP]3[/SUP]/Hr, where V is the volume of the room in m[SUP]3[/SUP].
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    What Ramani sir said is true.
    Sir, just evaluate the statement that I am about to right. This doubt refers to the actual way air air leaves and enters the controlled volume.

Air flows in and out continuously from the air conditioner. We do not change it n times.

It can be calculated by multiplying
    (mass flow rate) X (specific volume of air).
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    @Issue

There is a difference. What I refer to is the amount of fresh air from outside that is separately brought into the room (an equal amount is sent out also). What you refer to is the specification given for clean room air handling systems, where the volume flow rate of the of the blower is calculated by multiplying the room volume by the number of air changes. In this case the entire air is thrown out of the room and not recirculated.

However, it is not clear from Vignesh's post which situation is being considered. Since he mentioned air conditioning in the heading I gave the explanation for that otherwise what you said will apply.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI friends..... Let me join in this community.... i want to know get ansers for my crazy questions..😀
Few days ago My boss put a deal in front of us to write the above mentioned program and get One Mc Veggie ? The time given was 8 hrs...
Is there any service or plugin to activate WordPress Feeds which will be operated by WordPress only. No external service will be required. If yes, which service? If we compare,...
I can not seem to get past the introductions. I am retired with a long history in various disciplines of engineering. 1. Pilot USAF 2. Fusing systems for nuclear weapons....
Sir, i am doing ME from a private college . But i wanna crack aieee2012 with good rank. Please guide me what to do?