Advice to choose a MS program

i am studying in Btech (electronics and communication engineering)
i planed to study MS program after my engineering
i saw many MS programs but i liked

1. MS (electrical engineering)
2. MS (engineering management)

i am confused in above two options.
i wanted to know future and scope of above MS programs.
And which one would u suggest me to go for

my aim is to enter into areas like project manager, plant manager etc.
and even if possible run my own business in future.
😕😕

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mak, - may I suggest you to compare the course content and figure out which course looks more interesting to you?

If you are aspiring for management positions, I'd strongly recommend opting for at least 2 years of work experience.

If setting up your own business isn't on top priority; you should follow above advice. If its on high priority, you should consider exploring entrepreneurial opportunities right away. First step should be to get in touch with a successful entrepreneur who's already doing what you aspire to do.
  • mak.3736
    mak.3736
    how about getting a dual degree MS and MBA
    are there any universities offering such degrees in usa or any other country
    is this good ?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Frankly speaking, I dont think a degree will entitle you with manager post. it needs a step by step build up and a degree might help you to climb those steps quickly. This is what i deduced.
    Now as of coming to your query , you would need to know the industry before aspiring to become a manager. only then you will be able to fulfill your role as a manager and as BigK already mentioned you would be needing a little work exp to understand .
    Did you go through what sylabus is being offered in both the courses? please go throguh them first. Then you can acess which one would take you more towards your ambition.
  • mak.3736
    mak.3736
    whats u r opinion on MS (engineering management) VS MBA
    which ones good for engineering field ?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Did you go through the catalogue at all?
    My opinion won't weigh in for choosing your career.Here is the catalgue for MS in EM.
    #-Link-Snipped-#.
    please go thorugh it. the catalogue as itself doesnot endorse that you will benefit out of it , but will give you an insight of what it takes to get a MS in EM.

Personally, I am not inclined towards pursuing Management after engineering, though I am not against the whole idea. It really depends on each person's career interest and goals

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am from ECE and in 7th Sem and having a Knowledge of 8051,AVR,ARM7 & PIC Microcontroller .I want to build future in the field of Embedded System. Could anyone...
Hello Friends, i wish to use this medium to find out if any one can help me get a Project for my Masters in Telecomunications, possibly on Network congestion it...
KeePass Password Safe Version: 1.17 File Size: 1482 License: Free This program offers a simple way to keep track of all your passwords while keeping them safe. ....... Click To...
SatNav's GPS Navigation Software has maps of more than 412 Indian cities and 16 lakh points of interests (POIs), and it works on Windows based phones from HTC, HP, imate,...
Stockholm, December 17, 2009 - Skanska, one of the world’s leading construction groups, has signed a five-year contract with IBX, the leading provider of services and solutions for efficient purchasing....