SatNav launches Symbian version of its GPS software

SatNav's GPS Navigation Software has maps of more than 412 Indian cities and 16 lakh points of interests (POIs), and it works on Windows based phones from HTC, HP, imate, ASUS and ACER. Now, the company has come up with the free version of its software, which is made for Symbian platform to tap the millions of Nokia and Samsung users in the country, reports Techtree.

SatNav is giving the software for free but users can only use this service for free 10 times. After that, they would have to either reinstall it, or purchase a license that will set users back by Rs. 2,138. This is a one-time payment for a lifetime subscription. "SatGuide is an onboard solution, which allows users to avoid incurring heavy GPS subscription prices and suffer from poor GPRS connectivity," says the company. SatGuide also offers partner's maps for U.S., Canada and Europe.

As of now, SatNav is providing a cash back offer to the users downloading free version of their website. If they choose to upgrade the software within 30 days of the downloading the free version, they will get Rs. 1,000 cash back from the company which in effect would mean a 50 percent discount on the regular price.

Nokia will not be that happy with the announcement as the company also offers Ovi Maps for Nokia phones.

Users interested in trying out the SatGuide Mobile Navigation Software can get the software from company's official website. It is better if you download the software from PC as it's an heavy software of 64 MB.

Source:-siliconindia

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Stockholm, December 17, 2009 - Skanska, one of the world’s leading construction groups, has signed a five-year contract with IBX, the leading provider of services and solutions for efficient purchasing....
Avatar is an American 3-D science fiction epic film written and directed by James Cameron released by 20th Century Fox. James Cameron directed, Rs 1,200 crore sci-fi epic Avatar releases...
Hello, I am a Masters Degree student from United Kingdom. When I was searching for some project topics, I have found the topic, "Heat Recovery Steam Generator" May I wish...
Can any one help me out for finding the API for creating gmail account creator using a third party tool(ex:.net application)
I m a final year, final sem student doing my btech in instrumentation field in kochi. Is there anyone who could help me find a good place to do a...