CrazyEngineers
  • Google has released a new flavor of Google Maps application for Android devices, With this new version Maps are all set to provide users with an updated advertise experience. Recently Google Maps application are released with a new user interface, along with better navigation. Now with live traffic updates, incident reports and dynamic rerouting Google maps would provide the Ads as well.

GoogleMaps

With this release, Google Maps for Android packs local, relevant ads that are being displayed at the bottom of the phone's screen when performing a search. Users can tap or swipe upward to see more information. Also there is a new feature for ‘Get location details’ - As soon as user click on the ad, they will receive information like the business’s address, phone number, photos, reviews and more. These information can also be saved and shared with friends for later usage.

These ads include paid clicks as well, which should help advertisers monetize their investment in them

Users using Android 4.0.3 and newer versions of the operating system will be able to use this new updated version of google Maps.

Would you be happy to see these ads while using the navigation?
    Personally, I may not use that.

-CB
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorAug 9, 2013

Imagine how life will be when you're driving while wearing Google glass and an ad pops up right in front of eyes! 😁 Google's putting ads everywhere! It's the display business!
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Anil Jain

MemberAug 9, 2013

Kaustubh Katdare
    Imagine how life will be when you're driving while wearing Google glass and an ad pops up right in front of eyes! 😁 Google's putting ads everywhere! It's the display business!

I will be happy if they will give a way to configure the ads, also a facility to switch on/ off for these ads.

That will be kinda cool, right?

-CB
    Cancel
  • Ankita Katdare

AdministratorAug 9, 2013

Living in a new city, I have got myself addicted to Google Maps. Almost everywhere I have my data packet and GPS turned ON and am searching for alternative routes to get to the place quicker. I think this is a great move by Google to get popular with restaurant owners and such. Users will be forced to check out the new eating places. 👀
    Cancel
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberAug 9, 2013

Kaustubh Katdare
    Its how they offer free apps and softwares but I agree that It will definitely irritate customers.What to do?we have to adjust with it till we see a new provider offering it for free and without ad.
    Cancel
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 10, 2013

Google is doing an awesome business with this. With the popularity of Adsense and other webmaster utilities, it has already made its way through alot of developer blog. And with popularity of Maps and Play, this has become a big platform for local businesses to make a good publicity in an elegant way.

#-Link-Snipped-# : Lets hope they dont put ads on glass 😛
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register