adaptive power management through thermal aware workloadbalancing in internet datacenter

Project Abstract / Summary : The past decade witnessed the tremendous growth of online services and applications. Together with the increase
of cloud computing, more and more computation are hosted by Internet data centers (IDCs). Today’s IDCs are achieving
significant advances in communication and computation capabilities. However, along with the increasing demand from IDC
clients, power consumption for powering up and cooling these IDCs has been skyrocketing. Most existing works optimize the
power consumption of either servers or Computer Room Air Conditioners (CRACs), and overlook the correlation between the
power consumption of these two types of equipment. In this paper, we propose an adaptive power control method which
leverages the correlation between the power consumption of servers and CRACs. To capture the workload uncertainties and
thermal dynamics, we exploit Recursive-Least Square based Model Predictive Control (MPC) to solve the power control problem.
Performance evaluations shows the effective power peak reduction using our approach

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : to reduce the workload and enable the efficient access of the user in internet. while we reduce the work load the customers problem are easily solved through which the profit of is increased not even this only the advantage saving of power in proper manner is implemented in this project is the other advantage

Project Highlights : this project is useful to enabling the speed access of the internet by reducing the waste of powers spending for the rest of node except the active node so we can save more power and this useful to avoid the power problem in our country i think power management is the big problem so this project give the best solution to this problem .

Project Category : CS / IT / Networking
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: M.A.M.college of enggineering and tech
City: trichy
State: tamilnadu
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Architecture sometimes focuses too much on a grandiose design or vision, and not on the realities of the building. Maybe the wrong materials are used, causing expensive repairs. Maybe...
Mickey Mouse (no less) creates a wall climbing robot that can make even CEans do a flip as it flips on to walls using thrust propellers. Disney Research & ETH...
dear all, I need help to improve my career. Is this is the right place to ask???? kindly help me am new to this site.
Quote: An amputee has a greater range of motion and comfort following a surgical technique to attach a Modular Prosthetic Limb directly to his residual limb. The MPL was developed...
After completing his B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering from IIT Kanpur, Bhola Ram Meena joined Microsoft and worked there till for close to 7 years. In September 2011, after leaving...