AD OPTIMIZATION ON TV...!!!!

I belong to a blogger community, during the holidays I end up working for different blogs from different countries. Some people would not be aware that for a blogger, the most "AWESOME MOEMENT" is when he receives a google Adsense confirmation letter. Its like a Marriage certificate, only both the blogger and his site are happy with each other (pun intended).

Let me give you the basic skeleton on how Google adds are optimized for different user.
1-you click on a site
2-google database access your cookies
3-adds are filtered as per the top 10-15 searches made by the user, with the help of his browsing cookies
4-adds are optimized as soon as the page loading is completed

My main aim was not to teach you how ads work nor how to blog or SEO, my main reason to post here was to draw your attention towards "WHAT IF WE COULD OPTMIZE ADS FOR TV OR RADIO". I am not high on drugs nor its Friday night. I am a "CRAZYENGINEER" and this thought rattled in my head while watching TV.

I found out 2 solutions to make it possible:-

No 1-what if the tv service provider get the permission to access cookies just like google does, it can send the information back to its relay station and the ads can get optimized as per user needs

No 2-give the freedom to the user to choose from the ads he wants to view. (still pondering on how its possible).
Example-a sport freak will choose a sport offer/training ad pack.

So Rohan, how this Jonah helps us..?
1-simple,"YOU GET WHAT U WANT". a user who is planning to buy a new mobile device,by viewing the ads on TV will surely make up his mind faster and with a clear review about a particular device. you never know he may also be informed about a sale .
2-ads sales will obviously go up, as you are catering the demands of people who are planning to buy it.
3-saves time.
4-a particular brand name keeps rattling in your head, and you end up suggesting your fellow mates also about it.

It's almost been a year,and I love this place as people here comment and share their views. I request the readers to kindly leave their thoughts or reply.

Thanks and sorry for such a long post ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    The whole digitisation of broadcasting started with this idea. The set-top boxes are not just display devices. They relay back your viewing preferences to the broadcaster. You should soon see this happening.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great initiative .......
    I would love the tv and radio if it works as you said because i will change the channel or station if it broadcasts any ad which i don't like so this can be a better solution.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That indeed is a nice idea and I'm sure it's already being worked on. The set-top-boxes are just a start and it's just a matter of time that the digital media will be the default one on our TV.

But since this one is posted in a debate section - I think targeted advertising worked in the past and it may not continue to work in future. I may not always want to be targeted by the advertisers.

I'd rather want to be made aware of the new products in the market which I'm not aware of - than being followed by advertisements about the stuff I'm looking for or interested in. The strategy worked for Google in the last decade and they made a ton of money through it. Facebook is on the same lines. But TV offers me an added advantage - it makes me aware of the 'new things' which I never had thought.

For example, how do you really go about introducing a brand new product in the market and reaching out to audiences if all the users are getting is bombardment of the products/services they're already aware of?

We need a mix. A balance.
  • rohanrockxxx
    rohanrockxxx
    Anand Tamariya
    The whole digitisation of broadcasting started with this idea. The set-top boxes are not just display devices. They relay back your viewing preferences to the broadcaster. You should soon see this happening.
    Well they managed to get "TV ON ANDROID PHONES" so I hope they are working on my idea, else i'll have to go suggest them ๐Ÿ˜
  • rohanrockxxx
    rohanrockxxx
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Great initiative .......
    I would love the tv and radio if it works as you said because i will change the channel or station if it broadcasts any ad which i don't like so this can be a better solution.
    hehe,bro..."You wont need to change any channels for annoying ads"but in future you will change ads so you can views them all ๐Ÿ˜€
  • rohanrockxxx
    rohanrockxxx
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That indeed is a nice idea and I'm sure it's already being worked on. The set-top-boxes are just a start and it's just a matter of time that the digital media will be the default one on our TV.

But since this one is posted in a debate section - I think targeted advertising worked in the past and it may not continue to work in future. I may not always want to be targeted by the advertisers.

I'd rather want to be made aware of the new products in the market which I'm not aware of - than being followed by advertisements about the stuff I'm looking for or interested in. The strategy worked for Google in the last decade and they made a ton of money through it. Facebook is on the same lines. But TV offers me an added advantage - it makes me aware of the 'new things' which I never had thought.

For example, how do you really go about introducing a brand new product in the market and reaching out to audiences if all the users are getting is bombardment of the products/services they're already aware of?

We need a mix. A balance.

Well Sir, if you want a mix,choose the normal plan no,without any optimization ๐Ÿ˜€. Just like you choose a sport or cooking pack, similar you can choose a "ADVT pack"

Network providers will always choose/implement something which will draw more attention and get paid more by Advt.

On parallel basis the new device of google, the "chrome cast" could work on a similar basis,Had google implemented it, it would sync with your google account and a local PC/laptop. Ad optimization would have been possible ๐Ÿ˜€

Now I feel maybe I could suggest them, what do you think sir.?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I would like all CEans that are using Linux based OS to please vote & name in comment below their favourite file manager, and give few reasons why you love...
I've a spare CISCO E2000 wireless router which I want to use as a wireless repeater. I found out that installing DD-WRT firmware on the router will enable - but...
By default, in Pantheon Desktop Environment, the desktop icons are disabled. Infact, you can't even right click on desktop in Pantheon-DE. Recently, I installed Nemo File manager (the one which...
Charted among the coolest 3D printers of 2013, the DeltaPrintr is a new simple, easy-to-use low-cost 3D printer designed and developed by Shai Schechter, a student from Purchase College, State...
Alcatel, the brand from the Chinese handset manufacturer - TCL has come up with a new smartphone called Idol X+ and has launched it officially in China. Alcatel has released...