About velocity

Rate of change of displacement is called velocity means change of displacement with respect to time v=s/t why dont we spell change of time with respect to displacement I.e., v=t/s Here both displacement and time are changing simultaneously

Replies

• SYED BASEERULLAH
    SYED BASEERULLAH
    Blvn Lakshman
    Rate of change of displacement is called velocity means change of displacement with respect to time v=s/t why dont we spell change of time with respect to displacement I.e., v=t/s Here both displacement and time are
    Well I guess that the person who explained this concept for the first time would have taken displacement factor as his interest rather than considering time and also there should be a standard to be followed all over the world. This is according to my point of view , i don't know whether others have solution for your question, let's see if i am wrong.
  • Krzysztof Pelc
    Krzysztof Pelc
    The fact is that time is relative and depends on the speed.
    We do not know whether the road is constant - it is only an assumption.
    However, for practical reasons is most conveniently define the velocity as a change in the way in a specified time.
    Guided by the principle of three significant digits difference the passage of time at speeds of Earth (in a vehicle or an aircraft) is negligible.
    Everything is a matter of convention - for example, we can represent the number of ternary system - but what? 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is important of cc in a car?
StratoBus is a new innovative project proposed by the Thales Alenia Space, a French group founded in 1893, that promises to offer Internet, surveillance, security, telecommunications, broadcasting and navigation capabilities....
Quote: A multidisciplinary team has developed Victor the Gamebot, a robot that regularly plays games of Scrabble with students at Carnegie Mellon University. Endquote https://www.theengineer.co.uk/electr...ion/1018291.article?cmpid=tenews_192921#video
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-26766095
US-based Western Digital (WD), a storage solutions major, recently launched a personal cloud storage device range called 'My Cloud'. This device is a complete solution for user who wish to...