Aakash 3 Specs - Hardware & Software

Aakash 2 might not have made it to your hands yet but Aakash 3 is already being developed at IIT-Madras. Professor Ashok Jhunjhunwala is heading the development of A-3 and says that the tablet will be remarkably different from all the previous versions of the tab. Check out our VoiCE Coverage: #-Link-Snipped-#

"Remarkably Different" could mean several things. We know that the Aakash team is building an ecosystem (distribution, servicing and software) around the tablet but hardware and software improvements is going to be a crucial part of A-3. But the bigger challenge is keeping the cost of the tablet around Rs. 2500. Leaving the pricing apart, I'd expect the A-3 to have at least -

1. 1 GHz processor
2. 512 MB - 1 Gb of RAM
3. > 3600 mAh battery
4. 3G compatability
5. Better front and rear cameras. Anything lesser than 3.2 MP won't be desirable
6. Wi-Fi b/g/n.
7. I believe Aakash 3 may just get a 10" form factor. But they may stick with a smaller one.

I'm not sure if people really use USB ports on tablets. But 2 USB ports would be just sufficient.

On the software front, Android's already evolved to Jelly Bean and next versions are under development. I'd expect Aakash 3 to ship with Android 4.1.x Jelly Bean out of the box.

What else do you expect the next version of Aakash to have?

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    All that's left to be desired is a nice display. Though, dunno if it'll meet their price criteria.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Apart from all that you've said above, I think the market expects a better website and a better portal for buying the tab online. Plus, a quick shipping. 👀 The Indian websites who are covering the tablet are flooded with people requesting to know where exactly to order the tab and 'When will I receive it?'.
    That needs to be addressed with the upcoming versions.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    AbraKaDabra
    Apart from all that you've said above, I think the market expects a better website and a better portal for buying the tab online. Plus, a quick shipping. 👀 The Indian websites who are covering the tablet are flooded with people requesting to know where exactly to order the tab and 'When will I receive it?'.
    That needs to be addressed with the upcoming versions.
    Agreed on that.
    I remember when first model the one with plenty of faults was open for pre-order, I pre-ordered it & they mailed some 8 digit code but didnt mentioned when it will be delivered.I never got call from them nor mail.
    Service is poor! I dont think Datawind has such poor service in UK.

Coming to hardware, I think RAM should be around 1.2GHz & I doubt that aakash 3 will even have more than 2 MP rear cam (leave the front camera)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nowadays, the term shopping has been redefined. You don't have to be at a mall or a store to do shopping. If you have access to the internet, shopping can...
I am working on my major project on Smart Grid. But its very big area and i am confused over which part i will choose for the major like generation,...
HELLO CAN U PLEASE SUGGEST ANY BEST BOOK FOR KNOWING ROBOTICS , TO KNOW BASICS OF ROBOTICS.
Microsoft has developed an app that lets you develop different kinds of apps directly from your smatphone or tablet. This app designed for the web eliminates the need of using...
Dear CE's here i want some design suggestions for the design of a small parachute for egg to avoid it from breaking if dropped from the top of, 3 floor...