Best book for robotics

HELLO
CAN U PLEASE SUGGEST ANY BEST BOOK FOR KNOWING ROBOTICS , TO KNOW BASICS OF ROBOTICS.

Replies

• supradeep.v
    supradeep.v
    anyone who knows please reply . or if anyone knows any good websites ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    supradeep.v
    anyone who knows please reply . or if anyone knows any good websites ?
    The best way to learn Robotics, I believe is to bring home a basic robotics kit. If you can shell out some money, get the LEGO NXT kit (it's bit pricey, but totally worth it).

I'm sure there are plenty of videos available on YouTube that will give you a demo of how to build robot (various types of it) from scratch. Do follow those videos and you'll surely learn a lot.

I think robotics enthusiasts here will be able to suggest books and resources you may want to follow.
  • safiajen0055
    safiajen0055
    Some good books are following to read on robotics -

PIC Microcontroller Project Book by John Iovine
    Robot Building for Beginners by Dave Cook
    I, Robot by Isaac Asimov
    Robot Builder's Bonanza, 3rd Ed
    Kickin' Bot: An Illustrated Guide to Building Combat Robots by Grant Imahara
    On Intelligence by Jeff Hawkins
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    My suggestion would be to start with building basic electronics circuits with transistor and microcontoller. Exposure to these will open up a world of possibilities beyond pre-built robotics kit.
  • oprime
    oprime
    supradeep.v
    HELLO
    CAN U PLEASE SUGGEST ANY BEST BOOK FOR KNOWING ROBOTICS , TO KNOW BASICS OF ROBOTICS.
    Buy an Arduino kit and start messing around with it.

If you can, search for the free ebooks authored by John Bibin. There is one book on AVR microcontrollers and another on robotics. Those contained a lot of information.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft has developed an app that lets you develop different kinds of apps directly from your smatphone or tablet. This app designed for the web eliminates the need of using...
Dear CE's here i want some design suggestions for the design of a small parachute for egg to avoid it from breaking if dropped from the top of, 3 floor...
So I was searching today for something, when I typed in the Google Search bar, "Why Engineers are.." And see the results I got - I found that quite surprising....
Let us dedicate this thread to bring in the information about the best engineers till date and their inventions that changed the course of human technological development. In every reply...
Electrical Engineers here can Gather! Here is a thread dedicated to listing down and discussing all the internship opportunities in India in any city for the Summer of 2013. Those...