A safety question for Steam

Hi there,
I have a safety question. I want to produce high temperature, high pressure steam. On a 1/2 inch tube, length is about 1 meter. Initially I put cold water in tube. Then pump it to 4000 psi. Now I will heat it to achieve about 380C. (in this process, I will open a purge valve many times to avoid volume increase too much). I will use pressure transducer and thermocouple to measure them.

Is this experiment safe?
If I can find some experimental data about this test, I may not to reproduce it. Can anyone give me some information about it?

Thanks.
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']David[/FONT]

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    What material are you using in construction? Where are you conduction this test and what safety precautions do you have in place? What outcome are you looking for or hypothesis are you testing?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😀 HI friends i m a new comer so plz tell me how can i get benefit from this site.............
How To Stay Highly Motivated The degrees of success and happiness we achieve in life result overwhelmingly from the actions we take. But the actions which matter most are not...
The endorsement of a ME professor from a prestigious university is requested (NYC/N.E. US area preferred). The reason: a gear transmission that does not disengage to change ratios with relatively...
Input Square Wave is described as follow: V max : 20V V min : -15v Frequency : 10kHz Design a clamper circuit to shift its referecence point so that its...
hello, Will management studies in any way help a professional engineer?Is it required for us to have a MBA degree.....What do you all think about this?