A problem of Walking

Father and son both work in same factory. The father leaves for work ten minutes earlier than his son. The father takes 30 minutes to walk to his factory, whereas his son is able to cover the distance in only 20 minutes. 😒😒
If the father were to leave the house 5 minutes earlier than his son, how soon the son would catch up with father. :sshhh:

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    I guess the father and son will reach the factory in same time.
  • Tejashree Katdare
    Tejashree Katdare
    If father leaves home 10 minutes earlier, then they both would arrive at work at the same time. If father were to leave only 5 minutes earlier, the son would catch up him half way to work that means 10 minutes later, because he covers the same distance in 20 minutes.

Is this correct?
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    Yes i agree with Hitchantak. Son will catch up with father at the half way of the distance to the factory......../
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    well try it mathematically.
    Let the distance of factory from the house is x.
    father's speed is x/30.
    son's speed is x/20.
    relative velocity is (x/20-x/30).
    let after t minuter son will catch the father.
    5*(x/30)=t*(x/20-x/30).
    5*(x/30)=t*(x/60).
    t=10minutes.
    yes credit goes to Hitchantak.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

meanings--: abnormal anxiety, morbid state of depression for which there is no real cause. Usage--: I think that she should take medical advice for her hypochondria.
hello. I want to ask for help. I am an electronics engineering student and I want to create a electric fan that will turn on when a person will come...
Building a homeade ATV/gobuggy. Anybody know how a drivetrain in a four-wheel drive ATV works. I need somebody to explain how power gets from the engine to the wheels. I...
Presently I am in the 4th year of my bachelors in computer science and I wanted to know if which would be a more better option: Going abroad for higher...
hi friend's we know that "simple mail transfer protocol(SMTP)" are used for transmitting email message across the internet and "file transfer protocol(FTP)" are used for transfer files between one another....